Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What bottles did you get on Christmas Eve/Day?

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    My wife and I went for a drive a few weeks ago. To make a long story short, we ended up stopping at a few places on the way home. These bottles were purchased with the stipulation that they were my Christmas presents this year. They were in limbo until yesterday. I have some room on my "open" shelf, so I just might have to open one or two. Cheers! Joe
    Nice Drive Joe!!!!!

and nice presents.

Bill.
    "Civilization begins with distillation."

William Faulkner

Connoisseur

I got a handful of different bottles. Mostly from people I do business with, and most of it was the typical JD, Makers, etc... One of my newspaper account reps strolled into my office one day last week with a big ole grin on her face. She thanked me for my business, and hand me a gift-wrapped box. On her way out she said "I know you love your bourbon. I got you the good stuff!" Well, well... I tore the package open to find a bottle of Crown Royal. Lovely...

Virtuoso

Not exactly bourbon and not exactly Christmas day. But I got some cash for Christmas and decided to spend some of it on some bourbon or scotch. Well, I already found about all the Pappy I think I'm going to find for awhile, so I went with a (hopefully) nice scotch. I got the Glenlivet Nadurra 16yr non-chill filtered cask strength. Can't wait to get home and try it!

Enthusiast

I received a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 and Old Charter 10. The daughter brought the wife a bottle of Choco Vine. It's described as Belgian Chocolate infused with red wine.

I looked at it as she poured a glass and then looked at my glass of Eagle Rare 17 and said "Thank God for Bourbon".

Looking at the Choco Vine made my gut flip.
    Greg
    Southeast New Mexico

Virtuoso

From my wife, a bottle of 2011 WLW and a Risky Whiskey bourbon aging kit. From my sister, a book called Bourbon, Straight by some guy.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Guru

Got a FRSmB and a FRSmB 2011 LE from the neighbors. Some friends sent a bottle of rye from the George Washington Distillery at Mount Vernon.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    Got a FRSmB and a FRSmB 2011 LE from the neighbors. Some friends sent a bottle of rye from the George Washington Distillery at Mount Vernon.
    How is the rye? I have been tempted to drive up there when visiting my step-daughter who lives in VA. Is it worth the price?

Guru

Angels Envy...a gift from my brother in law and I picked up Bunnahabhain 12 Single Malt Scotch Whisky.

"Angel’s Envy takes Kentucky whiskey aged four to six years in American oak barrels and then finishes it in port casks for an additional three to six months."

I have not tried either yet....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    How is the rye? I have been tempted to drive up there when visiting my step-daughter who lives in VA. Is it worth the price?
    Haven't tried the GW rye yet and will probably wait for a very special occaision. Very, very expensive stuff!

Chuck Cowdery could probably provide tasting notes....
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Connoisseur

Got a bottle of the BT Single Oak Project. In other words, there is no way of knowing what I got until I subject it to some personal analysis. Then, the procedure is to go to the website to find out how far wrong I am.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.