Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: What bottles did you get on Christmas Eve/Day?

I was given a bottle of Garrison Brothers Texas Bourbon. This is the first bourbon legally available in Texas since prohibition. I have store in the Houston market and we can't get our hands on it. My Grandfather, the original Whiskey Charley, brought me a bottle from his store in South Texas. Production is low so may be many years before it makes its way out of the Lone Star State.

Nose is vanilla, caramel, citrus. On the tongue it has typical bourbon tones but there is a flavor in there I cannot decipher. I need to look at a list of common tasting notes and see if one matches up. Pretty decent bourbon and glad Texas has one to call its own.

http://www.garrisonbros.com/

Re: What bottles did you get on Christmas Eve/Day?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyCharlie View Post
    I was given a bottle of Garrison Brothers Texas Bourbon. This is the first bourbon legally available in Texas since prohibition. I have store in the Houston market and we can't get our hands on it. My Grandfather, the original Whiskey Charley, brought me a bottle from his store in South Texas. Production is low so may be many years before it makes its way out of the Lone Star State.

Nose is vanilla, caramel, citrus. On the tongue it has typical bourbon tones but there is a flavor in there I cannot decipher. I need to look at a list of common tasting notes and see if one matches up. Pretty decent bourbon and glad Texas has one to call its own.

http://www.garrisonbros.com/

I can give you a hand with that flavor it's horse piss.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.