Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? - Winter 2011/2012

Had some Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron on tap last night, incredible. Had a bottle of Great Divide Fresh Hop while watching the Giants destroy the Falcons, one of my favorites from fall '11.

Trippah and Admin

Full Sail Session red with hoops and football on the tele.

Oh, and a nice pour of Pappy 15 to celebrate the choke job the Schtillers and ROFLsberger pulled in Denver.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Advanced Taster

Odell's Red Ale.

I will be buying this seasonal by the case. Hands down my favorite Odell's brew, and I've tried most all of them. Its nice having them right down the street, really hope some of you guys out there can find this stuff around. Fantastic beer, great hop notes, balanced with not too sweet malt.
    Last edited by moose; 01-08-2012 at 18:56.

Advanced Taster

Finished off a bottle of 2011 Bourbon county from Goose Island as well as a 2009 bourbon barrel Angel's share. Both were delicious, but the BCS is still quite hot. My wife and I each picked up a case of BCS so I'll be sampling over time to see how it ages; I've loved past expressions especially with a bit of age on them.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Special Reserve View Post
    This past week I pulled a Bell's Batch 9000 out of of the cellar. It is certainly improving with age.
    I think I still have 4-6 bottles of the Batch 10000, but I've heard from a couple folks they didn't feel it was made in an ageworthy style. I should check in on one and see.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&Bourbon View Post
    Finished off a bottle of 2011 Bourbon county from Goose Island as well as a 2009 bourbon barrel Angel's share. Both were delicious, but the BCS is still quite hot. My wife and I each picked up a case of BCS so I'll be sampling over time to see how it ages; I've loved past expressions especially with a bit of age on them.
    Interesting -- the consensus is generally that this is the least "hot" GI BCS fresh off the line in many years. I quite enjoyed my taste of it last month.

Also -- two cases under your roof? You've pretty much cornered the market. All of Chicagoland only got 150, and I can't imagine your area got more than 100! If you're a beer trader, you should be able to do well.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dridge11 View Post
    I think I still have 4-6 bottles of the Batch 10000, but I've heard from a couple folks they didn't feel it was made in an ageworthy style. I should check in on one and see.
    I have some 10K as well, but I didn't think that it improved any with time. I don't think it deteriorated either.

Different style but it should keep for some time.

I also have some Sparkling Ale that is >2 years old that is just wonderful if you like the Belgian Triple style. I'll have one of those while watching football tonight.

Advanced Taster

I've got a few 6ers of batch 9000 and 10000 that I'll have to check up on.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    Interesting -- the consensus is generally that this is the least "hot" GI BCS fresh off the line in many years. I quite enjoyed my taste of it last month.

Also -- two cases under your roof? You've pretty much cornered the market. All of Chicagoland only got 150, and I can't imagine your area got more than 100! If you're a beer trader, you should be able to do well.
    Least hot? I'm not sure how people would think that when it's one of the highest alcohol releases in the past few years (up to 14.5%). Being a bourbon drinker I like my beers robust with plenty of bourbon, but the alcohol is a bit too much this year, which takes over from the nice vanilla notes that are usually more present. I like it as well, but I'll let it sit a few more months before popping another bottle.

I'm a beer trader, but I've been out of the scene a bit. This is one of the bourbon barrel stouts that I can more easily grab a case of so I do when I can. The wife likes it, too so it's a good thing to keep around. Between this and Jackie O's, I haven't really been seeking out other barrel aged stouts. Now if someone emails me to get these for some Cantillons, I'll be open to some more trading...

Disciple

Going with a Left Hand Milk Stout while watching the pregame show.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Pouring over some work I need to finish up with a Dale's Pale Ale. Awaiting the Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA to hurry up and get cold for the game.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama