Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? - Winter 2011/2012

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Quickly reaching Pappy-level hysteria. Hop City, a store near my office, announced via twitter that they had it in (1 6 pk limit) and it was gone before I could get over there 45 mins later.
    There is a one 6 pack limit where I bought mine too, but I flirted a bit and got the girl to quickly scan two of them.
    Last edited by jcg9779; 02-23-2012 at 12:33.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
    There is a one 6 pack limit where I bought mine too, but I flirted a bit and got the girl to quickly scan two of them. lol
    Nicely done. Let me know how it is . . . not that I need something else to chase after.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Nicely done. Let me know how it is . . . not that I need something else to chase after.
    I like Hopslam, but I'm not a huge fan. If anyone is interested some, let me know when the next release is coming up and I'll keep an eye open. I counted a dozen or so cases the last time I was at Jungle Jim's. We usually get good allocation this way and I'd be happy to hook some people up with some.

I had a long week and popped open a Palo Santo from 2009 when I got home. I'm not a huge fan of this fresh. I find it too hot and fairly unbalanced (esp. for a brown ale). I've had some with 2-5 years aging and think that's the sweet spot. Has anyone had them older than 5 years? Any decline at a certain point?

After doing the dishes for my wife, I'm about to break into an Immort Ale from 2010. This was a extra in a trade. It'll be my first Immort Ale. The label mentions maple, vanilla, and oak so I'm excited to try it.

Guru

Tonight I'm enjoying a Saugatuck Brewing Co Neapolitan Milk Stout.

Ice creamy smooth head and feel of the brew the initial entry flavor sensation is vanilla the body is chocolate. A nice sipping beer, like all good beer it hold up very well adjusting to room temperature.

Here is the breweries description:

Neapolitan Milk Stout (6.4%ABV) – Neapolitan Stout is a unique blend of milk sugar, chocolate, vanilla beans, and strawberries. Available at the Brewer’s whim it is a specialty now available in 4 packs.

(a 4 pack is $10.00)

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoys View Post
    Had Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown at Champp's in Milwaukee and really liked the nutty taste. Got a 6 pk at Binny's as it's only available in the winter months. Very little head, a little thin on the palate, but definitely nutty, maybe a little chocolate on the nose. some guys who post video reviews on youtube are pretty funny to watch. One guy, while reading the label, said you could enjoy it by the fire. That's really thinking outside the box.
    Looking forward to Goose Islands nut brown coming supposedly next month.

Had Lost Coast Alley Cat Amber Ale tonight. Nice color, good head, sharp taste. Love all the LC beers I've tried.
    I like the look of your glass, bigtoys. Looks like a Glencairn on steroids. Can you tell me where I could get one?

Mark

Virtuoso

Yuengling Bock. I can't say it tastes like a traditional Bock beer, but it's pretty good stuff. I like it a lot better than the standard offering we get in Ohio.

Connoisseur

Had a Nugget Nectar draft tonight, very fresh, very good. It seems a bit hoppier than last year's release. Picked up another two sixes of Hopslam, like the NN, I like the '12 better than the '11. Also had to help Karen finish her Stone '08 RIS on draft, age does wonders for RISs.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

A couple of Old Chub's last night after returning home from a snowy Chicago. I'll be danged if I can remember ever having this one before, but I really did enjoy these yesterday. I have to say, my introduction to the Oskar Blues product line is very recent, but I am finding that I have really liked everything I've tried.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    A couple of Old Chub's last night after returning home from a snowy Chicago. I'll be danged if I can remember ever having this one before, but I really did enjoy these yesterday. I have to say, my introduction to the Oskar Blues product line is very recent, but I am finding that I have really liked everything I've tried.
    Impatiently waiting for Oskar Blues and Odell to hopefully get distributed in Illinois. I've become familiar with them through my annual Colorado vacation. With the explosion of so many great beer choices already there is still room for more .

Glad you made it home safely Joe and its already melting but it was a crazy morning commute...and only our third snow of the year...which for Chicago is incredible.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Taster

Had some Pliny the Younger yesterday along with some Alesmith stuff. The 10+% alcohol in pliny goes down so smooth but man...2 pints of that stuff is more than enough haha...