Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Empty Bottle Support Group 2012

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    Old Forester Signature bit the dust today. This was a new one to me, not too expensive, and I went in with pretty much no preconceptions. I went through it fast and it'll be replaced soon. Just a good everyday pour.
    I agree. I knocked my 1.75ml bottle off last night and will replace it soon, as it is a favorite among my friends when they stop by for an afternoon of football.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Settling in and getting ready for some football, putting the finishing touches on a WLW 12.

Disciple

Polished off Dickel #12 today. Don't know when another (or any other Tennessee whiskey, although I'm somewhat tempted by JDSB) will make it to my shelf.

Enthusiast

Just enjoyed the final pour from a bottle of Weller SR.

Connoisseur

Finished up an ETL and a Ritt 100. I've never had a bad bottle of ETL. The Ritt, on the other hand, just never did it for me; almost unpalatable.

Virtuoso

I have space for two more bottles in my cabinet after toppling a 2008 OFBday. I really enjoyed this bottle (perhaps evidenced by the fact that it lasted a mere two weeks). An unmistakably dilly entrance segued into a very fruity palate (think grape juice) balanced with layered vanilla and tempered by a watery quality that took the edge off just right. The finish added an appropriate wood for an altogether scrumptious and very drinkable bourbon. I'd pick up another one at $30 in a heartbeat, even $40. The $56 a store near me wants for theirs... well I'll see how I feel in a month or two - if it's still there.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Guru

Polished off the last of a bottle of ORVW 10 107 last night. Had a couple pours with a steak and then a couple more while eating these home made cookies the wife made, some sort of thumb print chocolate cookie with a maraschino cherry in the depression and toped with home made chocolate frosting. Holy crap those things are adictive! And realy good with ORVW. I can't get her to add a little bourbon to the frosting.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    Polished off the last of a bottle of ORVW 10 107 last night. Had a couple pours with a steak and then a couple more while eating these home made cookies the wife made, some sort of thumb print chocolate cookie with a maraschino cherry in the depression and toped with home made chocolate frosting. Holy crap those things are adictive! And realy good with ORVW. I can't get her to add a little bourbon to the frosting.
    Those cookies are killer. My mom made those for years, and passed the recipe down to my wife, who makes them every Christmas. Crap, now you got me pining for them for the next 3 months!!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Those cookies are killer. My mom made those for years, and passed the recipe down to my wife, who makes them every Christmas. Crap, now you got me pining for them for the next 3 months!!
    So I think we need to have a GBS meeting around Christmas time!
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Virtuoso

I killed another OGD114. What a great casual drinker this stuff is, and such an outlier among the Beam bunch. There's nothing particularly interesting about this stuff, but I find it to be a very clean, orange-vanilla-hinted sipper with a nice mouth-feel and a kick that can be a hoof to your puss if you're not too careful. I'm sure it will be replaced shortly.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--