Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Re: Empty Bottle Support Group 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post
    Weller 12 hit the bin tonight. If i'm lucky, i can convince the misses to let me bring some back from IL on the return back to MN.

I figure a little infusion of shopping money for vacation is worth something!

B
    Haven't seen any up here in northern Illinois in a while. Good Luck. Let us know if you find any.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainQ View Post
    That is sad. Who was that bottled for?
    I will attempt to get this one right. I got it from someone who used to be on this site so wasn't involved in any of it firsthand. Here goes:

Charles Miller of the Louisville zoo purchased the barrel from BT. He was involved with numerous charities involving animals and used these bottles as fundraisers to support the groups he was involved with. It was distilled on the 2nd to last day of operations 6/29/92 and was bottled at 14 years in 2006 at 90pf.

Virtuoso

It's been hard to find in Chicago lately. Almost all the Binny's locations are out, and a couple employees told me they don't expect to get it in again for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Haven't seen any up here in northern Illinois in a while. Good Luck. Let us know if you find any.
    Gentleman I will do my best. But now I'm bummed about the slim prospects. Last one I pulled was from the Naperville Binny's, I think Clingman was going to be there also this week?? Maybe we can get advanced scouting report or two??

If I do run across any, i may be lucky to get it back anyway, the misses is starting to make "the face" when she takes a gander at the bunker. I think we all know what that face is.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

Advanced Taster

Gentleman I will do my best. But now I'm bummed about the slim prospects. Last one I pulled was from the Naperville Binny's, I think Clingman was going to be there also this week?? Maybe we can get advanced scouting report or two??

B
    Weller 12? The Binny's by me always has it in stock. Just bought one last weekend. I know we're not supposed to post locations for BTAC and Pappy, but does that apply here too? Seems kind of silly, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

-Steve

Enthusiast

the misses is starting to make "the face" when she takes a gander at the bunker. I think we all know what that face is.
    Offsite is the way to go here. I keep my wine in a temperature controlled locker and the bourbon boxed, stacked and stashed away at work, all in an effort to keep the house stocked juuuuuust right.
    tl; dnr

Enthusiast

Just emptied the last of my 200ml of Old Forester BIB DSP-414. I really need to go make an offer on the cache I found. I need to empty my cache of DSP-414 OF 86 too.

Connoisseur

Out tonight went a bottle of Jim Beam White I purchased just for comparison tasting purposes. This opens a sloy for something new as it will *not* be restocked in my cabinet.

Virtuoso

My last AAA 10yo just passed away minutes ago...a prize from my last foray into the Bluegrass State in '09

Anybody tried the TPS private bottle of same? I am considering immediate replacement and rebirth.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    My last AAA 10yo just passed away minutes ago...a prize from my last foray into the Bluegrass State in '09

Anybody tried the TPS private bottle of same? I am considering immediate replacement and rebirth.
    It's fine, but I prefer the standard issue.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    I will attempt to get this one right. I got it from someone who used to be on this site so wasn't involved in any of it firsthand. Here goes:

Charles Miller of the Louisville zoo purchased the barrel from BT. He was involved with numerous charities involving animals and used these bottles as fundraisers to support the groups he was involved with. It was distilled on the 2nd to last day of operations 6/29/92 and was bottled at 14 years in 2006 at 90pf.
    Yes he has some special bottles, Mr. Miller that is...very nice person too. Still a member but doesn't post much.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011