Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Pelham, AL
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: A New Domestic Beer Leader - Yuengling

    Quote Originally Posted by DeanSheen View Post
    Not in Ohio. $7.99 vs $5.17.

    ...

    SA has priced themselves out of the market for my tastes. The fact that I'm not real fond of the beer makes it even easier to walk on by.
    There is more difference here, too. I can't say exactly how much, because Sam Adams has priced themselves beyond my market, too. I can often buy good imports for less than SA.

    I am thinking Yuengling is in the $5.50-6.50 range and Sam Adams is in the $8-9 range, here.

    Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

  2. #32
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE OH
    Posts
    1,781

    Re: A New Domestic Beer Leader - Yuengling

    Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    I must give credit to Dean Sheen for turning me on to both beers pictured. I favor the BA over Session red, but both are excellent. The BA gives me a hop fix without having to traipse into the unbalanced high alcohol hoppy selections.

    I'm glad they made it a year round, too.
    Well thanks for the credit but this thread is not complete without mention of St. Lew and his crusade for drinkable and tasty beers. praise Lew!

    http://sessionbeerproject.blogspot.com/
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

    GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

  3. #33
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    166

    Re: A New Domestic Beer Leader - Yuengling

    Quote Originally Posted by bad_scientist View Post
    Sam Adams Lager is $1 more per six pack, or 16 cents extra per beer, compared to Yuengling. That's the deal of the century, and I see it every time I go to the store. My wife made me realize that Sam Adams, when it's not fresh, can be nasty, while Yuengling is always fizzy corn water refreshing, so it's important to get a newly brewed bottle.
    Either the pricing you get on Sam Adams is really good or the pricing you get on Yuengling is really bad.

    At the local grocery store last night, the pricing for the same packages sizes was as follows:

    Sam Adams Boston Lager 6-pack $9.49
    Sam Adams Boston Lager 12-pack $16.89

    Yuengling Original Amber Lager 6-pack bottles $5.99
    Yuengling Original Amber Lager 12-pack bottles $9.99

    Given how competitive the beer industry is, I suspect this is more likely to be representative of the price differential between the two products in most retail chains.
    Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him.

  4. #34
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    139

    Re: A New Domestic Beer Leader - Yuengling

    If I'm gonna drink beer, would prefer a Yuengling but have to rely on others hauling it up to me from the states its available in...

  5. #35
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,126

    Re: A New Domestic Beer Leader - Yuengling

    Supposedly Yuengling will be available in my state (KY) soon. But I'll believe it when I see it...

  6. #36
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    5,857

    Thumbs up Re: A New Domestic Beer Leader - Yuengling

    Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    I must give credit to Dean Sheen for turning me on to both beers pictured. I favor the BA over Session red, but both are excellent. The BA gives me a hop fix without having to traipse into the unbalanced high alcohol hoppy selections.

    I'm glad they made it a year round, too.
    I am drinking one of these monkey beers now. It is exactly as you describe, Scott. Hop fix without having to traipse into the unbalanced high alcohol hoppy selections. Not that mind that, mind you....But, sometimes ya just need a break. I like this beer.
    JOE

    Wag more.
    Bark less.

    "Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

  7. #37
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE OH
    Posts
    1,781

    Re: A New Domestic Beer Leader - Yuengling

    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    I am drinking one of these monkey beers now. It is exactly as you describe, Scott. Hop fix without having to traipse into the unbalanced high alcohol hoppy selections. Not that mind that, mind you....But, sometimes ya just need a break. I like this beer.
    Welcome to club monkey! I think it's the best beer 21st Amendment makes. Back in Black is not bad though.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

    GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

  8. #38
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Berkeley, CA, USA
    Posts
    132

    Re: A New Domestic Beer Leader - Yuengling

    Still waiting in CA. I've heard good things about the beer.

  9. #39
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Shore Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,604

    Re: A New Domestic Beer Leader - Yuengling

    I think you'll be waiting a long time for national distribution of Yuengling!

    I had some last week traveling though DC -- a big step up from the adjunct brews and not as "craft-y" (i.e. hoppy) as Sam's.

    Not sure what the closest regional equivalent would be in CA. When I lived there some 20 years ago, probably Henry Weinhard's, but I recall it being only a minor step up from the Buds of the era.
    Kevin

    "Clears up her head with bourbon/Cause beer is so suburban/And declasse for what it's worth"

  10. #40
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: A New Domestic Beer Leader - Yuengling

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky480 View Post
    Either the pricing you get on Sam Adams is really good or the pricing you get on Yuengling is really bad.

    At the local grocery store last night, the pricing for the same packages sizes was as follows:

    Sam Adams Boston Lager 6-pack $9.49
    Sam Adams Boston Lager 12-pack $16.89

    Yuengling Original Amber Lager 6-pack bottles $5.99
    Yuengling Original Amber Lager 12-pack bottles $9.99

    Given how competitive the beer industry is, I suspect this is more likely to be representative of the price differential between the two products in most retail chains.
    I generally find SA Boston Lager for around $8 a six pack here in Chicago. Your prices are a bummer! And still no sign of Yuengling at my local liquor store which is another bummer.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Yuengling moving into the Midwest
    By Bourbon Boiler in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 16:48
  2. Yuengling Traditional Lager
    By Jono in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 02:06
  3. Yuengling Beer in OHIO?
    By HipFlask in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 03:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top