Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Novice

New from Oklahoma

Hello Everyone,
    I have enjoyed reading the threads posted on the straight bourbon forum. Found this forum site while searching for more information about bourbons after seeing a wonderful show on television featuring the kentucky bourbons.
    From your recommendations and my experience with "entry level" whiskeys and bourbons, I selected a group to taste including the following: (not used to the abbreviations yet, but will use once I get them down)

Elijah Craig 12 year
    Weller Antique 107
    Knob Creek 9 year Small batch
    Evan Williams Single barrel, 10 yr, barreled 1999 and bottled 2009
    Booker's
    Woodford
    Parker Heritage Collection 2011

Great bourbons, but I must say the Parkers and Bookers are absolutely wonderful. I would have to rank, my preference of course, the Knob Creek and Evan Williams next followed by the Elijah Craig. I have been sharing these with my friends and they are astounded by the deep, complex taste of the Parker and Booker bourbons. What a wonderful finish on the Parker.

I am excited to encounter these tremendous tasting bourbons after a long absence from spirits. If only I could find Pappy Van Winkle in Oklahoma.

Novice

Re: New from Oklahoma

Okie,

Welcome my friend. I too laid out a selection of bourbons to sample (not nearly as quality as the selections you have chosen) and find it an amazing experience. I wish you the best in experiencing and enjoying what is truly our spirit heritage. God bless you.

Billy
    One more pour
    Pour one more
    We all face this in some way...

Connoisseur
    Welcome from Ohio. Looks like you have a good plan in place. Looking forward to you thoughts in others as you post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guru

Re: New from Oklahoma

Welcome Okie! You're off to a fabulous start. Most of those bottles are ones I started off with and ones I still drink now. Cheers!
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog