Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Evan Williams white label?

Hey everyone,

I recently was reacquainted with Evan Williams black label, which I'd avoided as a rule since college. I was pretty pleasantly surprised by it and decided to look and see what other offerings are available. I saw mention of the white label / 100 proof version (which is still on the EW site) which I don't think I've seen in southern California. My searches of the usual suspects online also turned up nothing. Is this still being bottled?

Thanks much!

Connoisseur

Re: Evan Williams white label?

If I am not mistaken the "White Label" is BiB, so perhaps altering the search accordingly may produce the results you are seeking. I can't definitively that it is still being produced, but a search for Evan Williams BiB certainly brings up plenty of sources that still sell it.

Virtuoso

Here's a thread about EWBIB:
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...+bib+roll+call
    Post #16 has a list from HH of states that sell it. I highly recommend tracking down a bottle - it's good stuff!
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Well, thanks for the info... that seems to be a pretty small target to hit. Guess I'll watch eBay for a bottle, which I am interested in solely for the value of the container as a collectible and not the contents therein (which will be promptly and properly drained, of course.)

Virtuoso

Heaven Hill makes a bunch of pretty good, low priced BIBs that are only available in very limited markets, usually around Kentucky. Along with EW BIB, there is Old Heaven Hill BIB, JTS Brown BIB and Heaven Hill Gold Label. I've never seen any of these in California.

Enthusiast

Evan Williams white label is the BIB expression.

This is readily available in the metro Atlanta market at $20-$22/1.75 L.

It's pretty good stuff, with a typical HH taste profile.

And I'm not related, although I'm sure we share some Welsh ancestry.

William Evans
    "Civilization begins with distillation."

William Faulkner

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by sku View Post
    Heaven Hill makes a bunch of pretty good, low priced BIBs that are only available in very limited markets, usually around Kentucky. Along with EW BIB, there is Old Heaven Hill BIB, JTS Brown BIB and Heaven Hill Gold Label. I've never seen any of these in California.
    Can anyone compare/contrast Old Ezra 101 (which I have and love) and other actual Heaven Hill products of similar proof...HH BIB and EW BIB.

I really want to try the BIB's but live far from where they are available....am I getting a good representative taste from these products by drinking the Ezra, or do I need to go on a road trip?
    thanks!
    Rye whiskey makes the sun set faster.

Connoisseur

I got my last bottle in a VA abc store when we were making brandy at Mt. Vernon last year. I sure did enjoy it.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sku View Post
    It would be interesting if somebody could pull off a tasting of the 4 year old rye finished Heaven Hill made BIB's and report on any discernible difference. I believe their current labels for these are the Old Heaven Hill, JTS Brown, Evan Williams and JW Dant brands. Is HH actually able to put out a different taste profile for each label brand just on barrel selection? I'm most familiar with the Old Heaven Hill but once had a 2 ounce sampling of the Evan Williams BIB and thought it was superior.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

I found some at HY Vee in KC Mo and it was cheap but rough. Not my choice