Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Connoisseur

Re: Evan Williams white label?

Quote Originally Posted by soad View Post
    Can anyone compare/contrast Old Ezra 101 (which I have and love) and other actual Heaven Hill products of similar proof...HH BIB and EW BIB.

I really want to try the BIB's but live far from where they are available....am I getting a good representative taste from these products by drinking the Ezra, or do I need to go on a road trip?
    thanks!
    The Old Ezra is 7 years old and 101 proof, most of the HH BIB products are 4 years old. I have found the Old Ezra to be much more sweet with stronger wood and vanilla flavors than any of the HH BIB stuff- including the T.W. Samuels, Old HH, J.W. Dant, and J.T.S. Brown. If it were up to me, I'd pick the Old Ezra 101 every time. Not to say any of the HH BIB products are bad. All of them are excellent but lack much depth and barrel flavor. If you're into higher proof whiskey that has a good portion of grain flavors, the HH BIB products would be an excellent choice. I like to always have a supply of both the Old Ezra 101 and Old HH BIB on hand since they are inexpensive and good whiskey for the money.
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    The Old Ezra is 7 years old and 101 proof, most of the HH BIB products are 4 years old. I have found the Old Ezra to be much more sweet with stronger wood and vanilla flavors than any of the HH BIB stuff- including the T.W. Samuels, Old HH, J.W. Dant, and J.T.S. Brown. If it were up to me, I'd pick the Old Ezra 101 every time. Not to say any of the HH BIB products are bad. All of them are excellent but lack much depth and barrel flavor. If you're into higher proof whiskey that has a good portion of grain flavors, the HH BIB products would be an excellent choice. I like to always have a supply of both the Old Ezra 101 and Old HH BIB on hand since they are inexpensive and good whiskey for the money.
    Yeah I forgot about T.W. Samuels as another 4 year HH BIB. Very good description of them having great grain flavor but lacking depth and barrel flavor...just what you need on some nights. Old Ezra 101 is not readily available here unfortunately but luckily I have some dusty Medley distilled Ezra Brooks to take care of my Ezra itch .
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by tmckenzie View Post
    I got my last bottle in a VA abc store when we were making brandy at Mt. Vernon last year. I sure did enjoy it.
    I get it in VA all the time. About $13 for a 750.
    "They say some of my stars drink whiskey. But I have found that the ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games." - Casey Stengal