Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    362

    Current High West Rezendevous Rye's

    I had read in another thread that the current (last year or so) high west Rezendevous's have been a letdown. My buddy had also confirmed this. is there any way to find the good ones still?

    He said his didn't have the silver sticker "2008 spirits competitiion" sticker on the bottle. is there a way to tell which bottles are oldies but goodies? Does the sticker mean its from a previous dumping?

  2. #2
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    948

    Re: Current High West Rezendevous Rye's

    Thanks for the timely post. I was not aware of this and was going to order myself a bottle of the rendezvous and a bottle of the 16 to try. I will hold off on the rendezvous until I hear more about what the deal is.

  3. #3
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Old Original SW
    Posts
    1,003

    Re: Current High West Rezendevous Rye's

    Don't know bout the 16yo, but I would spend money elsewhere than on the Rendezvous. If you must get HW, try the less expensive Double Rye first. They tell me it has more for the palate. For the same or less money, I would get a couple of Ritt BIBs or a 1B 4R...private bottle if you can find one.

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    362

    Re: Current High West Rezendevous Rye's

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    Don't know bout the 16yo, but I would spend money elsewhere than on the Rendezvous. If you must get HW, try the less expensive Double Rye first. They tell me it has more for the palate. For the same or less money, I would get a couple of Ritt BIBs or a 1B 4R...private bottle if you can find one.
    I dont know much about the double rye, but I was under the impression that the rezendevous was definitely the superior product, but with the newer stuff I'm not so sure.

  5. #5
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Old Original SW
    Posts
    1,003

    Re: Current High West Rezendevous Rye's

    Quote Originally Posted by trumpstylz View Post
    I dont know much about the double rye, but I was under the impression that the rezendevous was definitely the superior product, but with the newer stuff I'm not so sure.
    Supposed to be. A store clerk who got a tasting of both back in the fall like the Dbbl Rye better as well as a customer who bought same when I bought my Rendezvous. So, I was just going from 2 opinions which like mine, are tiny drops in an ocean of palates.

    I would love to know what kind of notes appear on the 16 and 21 products. I have seen a few 21 bottles around here but no 16. So far, I am not much on the LDI and Barton rye products...maybe it has to grow on you over a period of time...kind of like Saz did to me a few years ago.

  6. #6
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    362

    Re: Current High West Rezendevous Rye's

    Quote Originally Posted by trumpstylz View Post
    Does the sticker mean its from a previous dumping?
    PS I mean "does the sticker mean its from a NEWER dumping?"

  7. #7
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,016

    Re: Current High West Rezendevous Rye's

    Quote Originally Posted by trumpstylz View Post
    PS I mean "does the sticker mean its from a NEWER dumping?"
    I was under the impression, that it was all the same. Perhaps a tanking difference?

  8. #8
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    255

    Re: Current High West Rezendevous Rye's

    I think the 16 and 21 are excellent. The hard part is finding them at a fair price.
    Ryan

  9. #9
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SE Minn
    Posts
    1,059

    Re: Current High West Rezendevous Rye's

    Quote Originally Posted by nivto View Post
    I think the 16 and 21 are excellent. The hard part is finding them at a fair price.
    Mind sharing your fair price point? I've seen these on a very limited basis, and it would be nice to get a range idea.

    Thanks
    B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

  10. #10
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    362

    Re: Current High West Rezendevous Rye's

    Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post
    Mind sharing your fair price point? I've seen these on a very limited basis, and it would be nice to get a range idea.
    B
    http://www.binnys.com/spirits/search...xt=high%20west

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. High West Pioneer!
    By silverfish in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 21:27
  2. High West Distillery
    By doubleblank in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 18:04
  3. High West Whiskey
    By John_Regehr in forum American Rye Whiskey
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 14:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top