Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    175

    What commonly available brands are NOT available as miniatures

    Yes, I know any of the PVW or GTS won't be available as miniatures, but I've seen references to Blantons as well as Knob Creek being available as miniatures, and I would not have guessed that. I can think of no better way to try new brands with very little investment of funds...so, can you find Eagle Rare, Basil Hayden's, Booker's, etc. as miniatures?

  2. #2
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    149

    Re: What commonly available brands are NOT available as miniatures

    There is a "small batch collection" that has KC, BH, baker's and booker's as miniatures in a set.

  3. #3
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Alliance,Ohio
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: What commonly available brands are NOT available as miniatures

    The only Eagle Rare bourbon minis I have ever seen are the discontinued 101 proof ones!

    Thomas

  4. #4
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    621

    Re: What commonly available brands are NOT available as miniatures

    Quote Originally Posted by boneuphtoner View Post
    Yes, I know any of the PVW or GTS won't be available as miniatures, but I've seen references to Blantons as well as Knob Creek being available as miniatures, and I would not have guessed that. I can think of no better way to try new brands with very little investment of funds...so, can you find Eagle Rare, Basil Hayden's, Booker's, etc. as miniatures?
    Here you go: http://www.thepartysource.com/expres...t=stype&s=MINI

    Look through all the pages to find the bourbons.

  5. #5
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    175

    Re: What commonly available brands are NOT available as miniatures

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyToWhiskey View Post
    There is a "small batch collection" that has KC, BH, baker's and booker's as miniatures in a set.
    Awesome! With the exception of the KC, I haven't tried the others, so I will definitely look out for this one when I go to Liquor Barn in Louisville this spring!

  6. #6
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    175

    Re: What commonly available brands are NOT available as miniatures

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainQ View Post
    Here you go: http://www.thepartysource.com/expres...t=stype&s=MINI

    Look through all the pages to find the bourbons.
    Thanks so much, this is very helpful! Quick question...is it a reasonable assumption that the Liquor Barn in Louisville will have most of these available?

  7. #7
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Alliance,Ohio
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: What commonly available brands are NOT available as miniatures

    Liquor Barn has quite a few but I think Party Source has more!

    Thomas

  8. #8
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    362

    Re: What commonly available brands are NOT available as miniatures

    You could probably just go to a whiskey bar and try most of these higher end bottlings for the same price as buying the miniature bottles. A lot of the bigger chain liquor stores also provide free trials of bottles they have open (places like binnys)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What bourbons are commonly available in 375ml sizes?
    By Schneiderman in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 19:07
  2. Ralfy's #219 re Miniatures is worth a look
    By Jono in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 04:19
  3. Best commonly-found Bourbon for $100 per bottle
    By Laura in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 09:12
  4. Bottling Miniatures
    By OneCubeOnly in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-14-2003, 21:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top