Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Guru

Re: Ralfy takes apart JW Blue

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    I don't own a bottle, and I probably never will, but I've tasted the Blue. Ralfy hit it on the nose. It's waaaaayyyyy over priced for nothing especially exceptional. I love the Green. The Black is good. The Red sucks.
    Yes. Yes. Yes and yes. I actually always have a 1.75L bottle of Black on hand and it goes over well with friends who want a little extra taste but don't want to be bowled over by their whisky. I would never buy a bottle of Blue at the price it goes for around here, but I did stand in line behind a guy who bought two cases of it recently when Binny's was having a 15% off sale on all spirits. Even with the discount it wouldn't be worth it to me.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    Hmm. I love the Green but I couldn't drink a cask strength bottle of McCallan (my only experience with McCallan).
    Well, if you're ever curious about sherried scotches, Glendronach Revival is a good example of a balanced one, much different from the Macallan CS. Not my cup of tea-colored whisky, but I'll admit it's good.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by MacinJosh View Post
    Apparently Costco gets all the good whisk(e)y, including Lagavulin 16 for under $60 (just ridiculous).

Just got done reading this month's Consumer Reports tonight and Costco blew away the competition.

It's now official....I'm switching from Sam's Club to Costco.
    costco's pricing is regional. i've read about the prices costco charges for sm's in other markets (usually california). not the case here in texas. no big difference with the major liquor chains.