Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Bourbon Country Reader on Kindle.

My American whiskey newsletter, The Bourbon Country Reader, is only available in dead tree format. I have been looking for a way to make it a bit more available to people who prefer electronic delivery so, as an experiment, I have converted the article I did about Buffalo Trace's small barrel experiment to a Kindle ebook. I expanded it with some related pieces from The Reader and The Blog and priced it at 99 cents. You can get it here.

This piece created quite a stir among micro-distillers, so it seemed like a good choice for an experiment. If it goes well I'll probably re-purpose some other past Reader stories the same way.

I know SB is supposed to be non-commercial, but Jim has been generous about letting me drop the occasional plug. No one can say I just come here to plug stuff and don't genuinely participate.

Anyway, this is by way of an experiment so feedback is appreciated, either as comments here, or on the blog, or via email or SB message.

Commercial over.

Connoisseur
    I love the idea of it being available on Kindle. I will check it out. Keep us informed how ye experiment goes. Would like to see more in the Kindle format.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enthusiast
    Bought it yesterday as soon as I saw the blog post. Thoroughly enjoyed it and wish you would do more. Was able to read it on my Android phone too.

Re: Bourbon Country Reader on Kindle.

It seems to work on every platform except Nook. Imagine that.

Taster

I bought it and really liked it. I have liked a number of Kindle Singles that have come out over the last year. So, re-released articles are a bit like that. It's a bit difficult to root around for good short works on Amazon though. The key for me would be to market it somewhere I would more likely see it. This forum would work, but would probably be frowned upon if it were frequent. I would be very interested in a subscription publication on Kindle.

Scott

Taster

As a kindle owner and a huge fan of your book, I would have to say full publications on an e-reader by you would be awesome!

Enthusiast

I bought this piece - and would subscribe to Bourbon Country Reader if it was available in an electronic format.

As much as I still love books, I tend to do more and more reading of long-form material on my Kindle - and I'd say 98% of my periodical/magazine reading is electronic at this point.

Just seems "weird" to subscribe to a printed newsletter that I have to scan myself in order to store electronically... But I get that many folks older than me (and I'm not exactly a teenager!) still like to have something in their hands. Maybe doing it both ways?

Disciple

Just gifted a Kindle for Christmas so I'm game... just the other day I was so pissed while looking for the issue on Peoria distilling .
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

I'm generally happy with how this has gone and intend to keep it up. When I do Kindle releases I'll try to announce them here, with the forbearance of the proprietor, but you know I'll also announce them on my blog, which is searchable. If you don't want to subscribe to the blog you can check it periodically and just search for "Kindle" to find out about any releases you may have missed.

Kindle does have a protocol for publishing periodicals but it's a bit over my head. The small book or "single" format I can handle.

Trippah and Admin

As a Nook owner, I must say
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?