Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: WT Rye 81 proof?!

Wow! Great customer relations, Jodi...
    Amy

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by StraightBoston View Post
    I'm still suspicious that there is no TTB COLA application for a new-style rye label at 101 proof.
    I was wondering about this as well. I hope that those
    of you who monitor the COLAs will let us know when/if
    you see a new label.
    John Q.
    Tennessee Squire
    Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva
    It won't be any cheaper than it is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Someone will pay it. Someone always pays it.

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    I was wondering about this as well. I hope that those
    of you who monitor the COLAs will let us know when/if
    you see a new label.
    No problem. I check it once a month just to see what's coming out locally. Here in OR microdistilleries are popping up like mushrooms after a summer rain. An updated list I just received from the OLCC lists 57 (not all of these are actually distilling; a number - such as Big Bottom - are just bottlers of purchased juice).
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Quote Originally Posted by bonneamie View Post
    Wow! Great customer relations, Jodi...
    Part of this problem is that is a parent company spokes person trying to answer question for a lot of companies. She can't be in the know on what going on on at all of them and be up to date. If WT would answer THEIR email we wouldn't be having this discusion but WT will not respond to their email and that is why you have to email Campari and get third hand information.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Advanced Taster

fwiw, a salesman at one of the major chains in houston told me this week that wt rye 101 was being discontinued, that they sold out and that they will not be getting any more in. he is the person that orders the bourbons and ryes for the store. this doesn't necessarily conflict with the "unavailable for 2012 but back in 2012" but...

better to be safe than sorry.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    For $18.99 you got the best value in quality rye whiskey today, IMO. If it does re-appear you still made a great buy. Congrats!!!
    investment in my future. or as my wife puts it, blowing all our money on booze. potato, po-ta-to.

i was so focused on bourbons that i neglected ryes for a while and i'm paying for it. LITERALLY. missed out on getting the vintage rye 21 and 23 when i saw them on the shelves

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

I'm not really affected by what appears to be the oncoming demise of WTR, as I really don't drink it. Honestly, I don't drink much current WT product at all. But, I feel for you who like this whiskey, and more importantly, I feel for US. I don't know if it's Campari or Wild Turkey, but they're not doing much to instill faith in US, the "enthusiasts", out here. Besides the one-off Tribute, American Spirit, and Traditions (3 releases in 8 years, BTW), what have they done for US lately? I can't think of a Thing. They don't even seem to be trying, which make me think the worst----they don't even care....about US. The good stuff is being exported, what's left is being reduced in age and proof, the advertising is juvenile, and US don't seem to be part of the program. Really, too bad. While BT, HH, 4R, and even Beam are out trying to bring whiskies to enthusiasts, pushing the envelope, growing the product while still keeping an eye on, and an ear to, US, Turkey does indeed seem, as Brisko so cleverly proclaimed, to be giving US the bird.

Fine. Right back atcha!!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    I'm not really affected by what appears to be the oncoming demise of WTR, as I really don't drink it. Honestly, I don't drink much current WT product at all. But, I feel for you who like this whiskey, and more importantly, I feel for US. I don't know if it's Campari or Wild Turkey, but they're not doing much to instill faith in US, the "enthusiasts", out here. Besides the one-off Tribute, American Spirit, and Traditions (3 releases in 8 years, BTW), what have they done for US lately? I can't think of a Thing. They don't even seem to be trying, which make me think the worst----they don't even care....about US. The good stuff is being exported, what's left is being reduced in age and proof, the advertising is juvenile, and US don't seem to be part of the program. Really, too bad. While BT, HH, 4R, and even Beam are out trying to bring whiskies to enthusiasts, pushing the envelope, growing the product while still keeping an eye on, and an ear to, US, Turkey does indeed seem, as Brisko so cleverly proclaimed, to be giving US the bird.

Fine. Right back atcha!!
    Here here. Glad you said it.

Guru

Well put as usual Joe. This whole thing could have handled much much better, and it seems like WT is turning its back on the enthusiast community.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Well put as usual Joe. This whole thing could have handled much much better, and it seems like WT is turning its back on the enthusiast community.
    Very true. As others have pointed out, if low stocks are the issue then allocation would be the better approach as it has worked well for other distilleries. The way WT has handled this, it appears as a money grab. One would think that with all of their resources, Campari/WT would have a better PR plan in place. But then, maybe they're really not that concerned about US.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay