Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: WT Rye 81 proof?!

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    One, Janice's message, as compared to Jodi's, shows how this board directly affects the industry. I'm sure there was a bit of a flurry at Campari America this week as the directive went out to answer all WT 101 rye inquiries thusly. Congratulations! You all are players.
    OMG! OMG! OMG! i'm a playa! i'm a PLAYA!

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
    You beat me to it. Same question. MM is every where and Inever see a dent in it's allocation on store shelves.
    same here. when something is allocated in texas (ritt bib for example, or weller 12), i don't see them on the shelves from time to time. the weller 12 - we get more than other areas of the country but most stores won't have handles. even the really small stores here ALWAYS have MM.

Disciple

I've never seen anything but an abundance of MM both at on and off-premise establishments.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    I've never seen anything but an abundance of MM both at on and off-premise establishments.
    I think your local store owner would like to get 20 bottles a week (for example) from the distributor but only gets 17 because it is on allocation. The consumer will not notice it, but the owner would say that his stock of MM is thinner than he would like.
    Rye whiskey makes the sun set faster.

Connoisseur

FWIW, my stash.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Connoisseur

FWIW, my stash.........
    Nice. What's the price in PA? $17.25 here in Ohio
    I may be drunk, but in the morning, I'll be sober and you'll still be ugly...WC

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mosugoji64 View Post
    Chuck - that MM has been on allocation for the past 25 years is interesting given that it seems plentiful. Have they just been very good with the logistics?
    That's why I keep making the point that all 'shortage' means is that the distillery can't deliver as much as people order and when a customer says "we want X" they answer, "you can have Y." That doesn't mean the product is suddenly going to disappear at retail. Do people, knowing how it works, sometimes order more than they want in hopes of getting the amount they really want? Of course they do. Do retailers and distributors sometimes 'stock up,' much as consumers do? Of course they do.

I would never suggest that people need to understand the booze business in order to enjoy booze but if you choose to comment on the business, it helps to know how it really works.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Phil T View Post
    Was on sale for $17.99 a bottle, now it's back up to the regular $19.99 if you can find it.
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Trippah and Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Phil T View Post

17.10 in my county.

Ohio sets base price that doesn't include local taxes, so the price can vary from county to county depending on the county tax rate.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    That's why I keep making the point that all 'shortage' means is that the distillery can't deliver as much as people order and when a customer says "we want X" they answer, "you can have Y." That doesn't mean the product is suddenly going to disappear at retail. Do people, knowing how it works, sometimes order more than they want in hopes of getting the amount they really want? Of course they do. Do retailers and distributors sometimes 'stock up,' much as consumers do? Of course they do.

I would never suggest that people need to understand the booze business in order to enjoy booze but if you choose to comment on the business, it helps to know how it really works.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm sure that clears up a lot of confusion for many people here. I think many of us try to understand the business, but it is different enough in some aspects that terminology and strategy don't directly translate from other business models. We appreciate the insight!
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay