Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Novice

New from Cleveland

Hi everyone! My name is Alex and I'm from Cleveland Ohio. I work at Lizardville Whiskey bar and beer store and love all whiskey but tend to have an affinity towards Bourbons! Cheers!

Advanced Taster

Re: New from Cleveland

Hello Alex. I am a DC transplant from Cleveland. I heard that the Lizard was opening a whiskey bar. Did it just open in the fall, or did I miss a year and was it last fall? East side right? I have had that on my to do list when I get back home for a visit. Hope to see you pouring soon.
    I know OH is state controlled, I hope you guys have a better selection of bourbon than what you can get in the state stores.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by bgageus View Post
    Hello Alex. I am a DC transplant from Cleveland. I heard that the Lizard was opening a whiskey bar. Did it just open in the fall, or did I miss a year and was it last fall? East side right? I have had that on my to do list when I get back home for a visit. Hope to see you pouring soon.
    I know OH is state controlled, I hope you guys have a better selection of bourbon than what you can get in the state stores.
    It's on the east side. Selection is quite wonderful! Over 160 whiskies. We're opening a west side location soon as well. They opened up last april so it hasn't been a year yet. Keep me posted if you plan on coming to town! I'd be happy to share some good stuff with you!

Virtuoso

Howdy and welcome Alex from Michigan.

Best regards, tony

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by alex101 View Post
    Hi everyone! My name is Alex and I'm from Cleveland Ohio. I work at Lizardville Whiskey bar and beer store and love all whiskey but tend to have an affinity towards Bourbons! Cheers!
    Welcome.

Say Hi to Jason. Tell him thanks for making it even harder for us.

The West Side location is going in downtown right?
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by DeanSheen View Post
    Welcome.

Say Hi to Jason. Tell him thanks for making it even harder for us.

The West Side location is going in downtown right?
    No Rocky River. The downtown location is a different concept just using the heading lizardville. It'll focus on local drink and food whereas rocky river and Bedford will be whiskey bars and beer stores

Trippah and Admin

Welcome to SB and thanks for the competiton for the meager offerings that we get in Ohio.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by alex101 View Post
    Alex, welcome aboard. My wife's family hails from the Mentor/Willoughby/Willowick area. We get back to town a few times a year and now I've got something to look forward too! (love my in-laws, really, i do...)

I'll have to check out the eastside Lizardville Whiskey bar. Be prepared to have your Single Malt collection thoroughly and professionally inspected.

have fun,
    aaron
    "The best whisky you'll ever have is the one you share."

Novice

Trust me guys....I share the frustration as far as the limited availability of certain whiskies but I think it's actually a win win situation because Ohio is now getting whiskies in that it wouldn't have without our store and it's also a hub where everyone can try before they buy

Trippah and Admin

Actually, we were getting decent stuff in before but we didn't have to compete with sales : reps stiffing us on special orders to route stock to the new whiskey bar in town. Ohio's system is screwed up enough without having to compete with specialty bars for bourbon. I prefer the local shot and beer houses since their favored blends are plentiful and off my radar.

I'm glad I was able to snipe a couple of things from a store clerk that didn't know better, though.

Regardless, I'm not hating the player...it's the game that sucks. Best of luck with the business. I can try before I buy twice a year in Kentucky and not pay retail by the glass prices.
    Last edited by callmeox; 01-24-2012 at 18:11.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?