Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Connoisseur

New from N. Georgia

Hey Folks,

Just stopping by to say 'hey' to everyone here. Some quick points about me for everyone: I live 60 miles north of Atlanta and work in Marietta daily on a golf course. I graduated from UGA and drank my fair share of JB with coke or ginger on Saturdays. Since my sister's wedding last August, I have become fascinated with experiencing bourbon neat or with a splash of water. I have really had great experiences with some of the wheaters available, esp. the PVW15. Fortunately, my BIL loves bourbon and gave me a bottle of JPS 17y.o. for my 30th birthday, which I have enjoyed. I was also glad that it gave me my first experience with S-W product. However, I have not/will not limit my experiences to a certain expression. I am very interested in what different distilleries have to offer with their products.
    I have enjoyed the site thus far and I am excited to read more and hopefully be able to contribute as well. Thanks everyone!

Josh

Connoisseur

Re: New from N. Georgia

Welcome and Go Dawgs. UGA '03 grad here.

Connoisseur

Talking Re: New from N. Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Welcome and Go Dawgs. UGA '03 grad here.
    Thanks Dave! Go Dawgs! That's cool, I graduated in '04. Enjoying some BT, neat, while the wife watches the Bachelor while I peruse SB!

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Welome to SB, Josh! I'm just East of the Big Chicken, so we're close. Nice commute you have! You're pulling off of 75 right about when it's getting bad. It's probably quicker for you to do your 60 to Mayretta, than it used to be for me from here to Midtown, when my office was there. Ha! Please accept our invitation to Georgia Bourbon Society. Folks with golf connections are always fast-tracked for Membership!... We will have to plan another get together soon for all of our new members. Initiation hazing hasn't been all that bad, though our Hazing Coordinator, BigRich is planning..."something that I can't talk about, yet..." Not sure what that means, but am glad we now have two attorneys on staff...

Again, welcome!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Virtuoso

Welcome in. U must be out at the lake. I'll bring a bottle this summer with some gas money.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Welome to SB, Josh! I'm just East of the Big Chicken, so we're close. Nice commute you have! You're pulling off of 75 right about when it's getting bad. It's probably quicker for you to do your 60 to Mayretta, than it used to be for me from here to Midtown, when my office was there. Ha! Please accept our invitation to Georgia Bourbon Society. Folks with golf connections are always fast-tracked for Membership!... We will have to plan another get together soon for all of our new members. Initiation hazing hasn't been all that bad, though our Hazing Coordinator, BigRich is planning..."something that I can't talk about, yet..." Not sure what that means, but am glad we now have two attorneys on staff...

Again, welcome!
    SSSSHHHHHHH DAMN IT!

Anyway, welcome aboard. I'm about crawling distance from Joe's house over in East Cobb too. Glad to see our Georgian ranks growing on SB.
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Disciple

Welcome Josh!
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Enthusiast

Welcome to SB Josh.

We're getting enough in #'s to look at a GBS single barrel project. I know Kevin, "Restaurant Man", threw this out in an earlier post.

I believe Joe has done one, and could share his thoughts and expertise. I'ld be all for OWA, or 4R.

Can we get this off the ground. What sayeth the GBS group. Is there enough interest? What would total cost be?

Looks like we need a GBS committee meeting, which obviously would involve some bourbon testing.....for the project, of course.

Bill.
    "Civilization begins with distillation."

William Faulkner

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by wmpevans View Post
    Welcome to SB Josh.

We're getting enough in #'s to look at a GBS single barrel project. I know Kevin, "Restaurant Man", threw this out in an earlier post.

I believe Joe has done one, and could share his thoughts and expertise. I'ld be all for OWA, or 4R.

Can we get this off the ground. What sayeth the GBS group. Is there enough interest? What would total cost be?

Looks like we need a GBS committee meeting, which obviously would involve some bourbon testing.....for the project, of course.

Bill.

I'd be down. Sounds awesome.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by wmpevans View Post
    We're getting enough in #'s to look at a GBS single barrel project.
    I'd like to participate if this gets off the ground.
    Tom Sangster
    Winterville, GA