Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Apprentice

Hello from Columbia, SC

I live in Columbia, SC and am new to bourbon as a everyday drink or something a connoisseur could enjoy everday.
    I have enjoyed craft beer and wine for years. I like a lot of people had bourbon as a shot or a sometimes mixed drink, but until about 3 years ago did not realize you could enjoy bourbon like I did beer. I write this as a old beer and wine connoisseur but a new bourbon one. If there is anyone locally that wants to go to a good bar or talk or drink bourbon let me know. : bowdown:
    Last edited by Bigspur2011; 01-15-2012 at 21:20.

Re: Hello from Columbia, SC

[quote=Bigspur2011;270675 If there is anyone locally that wants to go to a good bar or talk or drink bourbon let me know. : bowdown:[/quote]

Welcome to the site. Check out chat it's the gazebo at the top of the main forum page. You can sit at home drink bourbon and chat with us about bourbon or anything else for that matter. It's like being in a bar but you don't have to drink and drive. Keeps the wife happy because she knows where you are and who your with.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Connoisseur

Welcome! I spent many years in Columbia after I graduated from college. Check out Morganelli's in Forest Acres. They have an excellent selection of bourbon.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bigspur2011 View Post
    I live in Columbia, SC and am new to bourbon as a everyday drink or something a connoisseur could enjoy everday.
    I have enjoyed craft beer and wine for years. I like a lot of people had bourbon as a shot or a sometimes mixed drink, but until about 3 years ago did not realize you could enjoy bourbon like I did beer. I write this as a old beer and wine connoisseur but a new bourbon one. If there is anyone locally that wants to go to a good bar or talk or drink bourbon let me know. : bowdown:
    Are you on BA or RB?

Connoisseur

... but until about 3 years ago did not realize you could enjoy bourbon like I did beer.
    I was very similar. Thought Bourbon began and ended with shots of Beam and shyed away for a long time. But the important thing is that we learned and now on our way to learning about how good bourbon can be.

Welcome aboard.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Are you on BA or RB?
    I am sorry I do not understand what you are asking me.

Novice

I am sorry I do not understand what you are asking me.
    Are you on Beer Advocate or Ratebeer?

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Are you on Beer Advocate or Ratebeer?
    I have never joined either site, but I have been a religious reader of both site .