Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Disciple

Re: Suicide watch: Binny's 4R OBSK

Good post. Had me on the edge of the couch.

Virtuoso

Deja Vu all over again...well kinda, but with a tragic end instead. This jarred my memory to a few years back when I bumped into a 2004 edition Saz 18 that I had put in a 'safe' place in the back of my storage room which shares a small portion of the homestead's slab foundation. It was the day after Thanksgiving and I was in there searching for the Christmas lights to put on the house. It teetered back n forth as I bent down - in what seemed like slow motion - to grab it....but, to no avail as a protruding box blocked my arm just enough to feel the top slip out of my fingertips as it fell sideways to the concrete. It did not fall far or long but must have hit just right as the top 1/3 of the bottle separated from the remainder while the precious contents flowed across the flow underfoot. I did not know whether to grab a towel & squeeze it into a bowl, or, lay down on my side with a straw.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for bringing back a sad, sad day for me!!! I think I better go pour a strong one to the memory
    Last edited by Old Lamplighter; 02-05-2012 at 15:28.

Connoisseur

I got a friend a Pappy 20 a few years ago and he put in the back of his SUV. When he opened the back, well, hope the driveway was appreciative. Sad, but true.
    Glad your 4R survived the potentially deadly drop.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Advanced Taster

This thread and a trip to my cousin's house today reminded me of something.

We were headed to my cousin's house for a party. My wife loves to bake and wanted to surprise them with a pie. She decided on a new recipe from her beloved pie recipe book and got all of the ingredients. Unfortunately a few missed items sent me to the store not once, but twice. At this point we were late so I sent a text to my cousin letting him know we'd be late because we were making a dessert to bring.

She finished the pie. We got everything out to the car and she sat the pie on top of the car. I warned her that that was what happened before people left their coffee mugs and cell phones on the car to be destroyed. She said she wouldn't forget and put the dogs in the back seat. I got in and so did she. I backed up down the drive-way and CRASH. The pie plate landed on the drive way shattering to hundreds of pieces and sending lemon chess pie everywhere. (We didn't even get to try any of the pie; if the pavement wasn't enough to stop me, the tiny glass shards throughout certainly were.)

We were late and pieless and had to explain the story to everyone. We were both in a terrible mood afterward, but now it seems kind of funny. She made the pie again and it was delicious.

Taster

This is easily one of the most suspenseful and well written posts I've seen on SB.

Advanced Taster

This could be the best straightbourbon.com post ever.