Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Connoisseur

Re: Willett Straight Rye - Now a 5 year version!

Quote Originally Posted by MauiSon View Post
    Okay, I want to get this right - most of you are saying that buying the Willett 5 yr 110pf @ say $33.99 is a better idea than buying the Bulleit Rye @ say $27.99, eh?
    YES, YES, YES!!!!

From my perspective, this isn't a case about dollars to proof, but dollars to drinking enjoyment.

Hands down, the Willett Rye's in the 3-5+yr range some of, if not the best rye on the market for that age bracket. Wonderful rye flavor, perfect neat, holds up with water wonderfully, and great in a cocktail. That is something that most cannot do. They may do one or two at a stretch, but not the trifecta.

And the price is great for what you get, IMHO.

I just hope that they have some more stashed away aging gracefully, I'd love to have some as they get older.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

Advanced Taster

Re: Willett Straight Rye - Now a 5 year version!

Quote Originally Posted by MauiSon View Post
    Okay, I want to get this right - most of you are saying that buying the Willett 5 yr 110pf @ say $33.99 is a better idea than buying the Bulleit Rye @ say $27.99, eh?

I haven't been able to pull the trigger on Bulleit Rye 'cause the price seems too high, but as soon as I saw the Willett, BANG! Had to have it. I think I made a mistake, tho. I only got one (along with 2 RittBIB). Both were my 1st sightings of these expressions.
    At the very least the Willet is higher proof, more than 20% higher so in terms of proof/$ it's about the same value