Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Disciple

Re: BOTM 2/12: Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit

I've only got one in the bunker, a sealed 1/9/09 bottling, signed by Jimmy, and based on what I've heard so far I guess it might as well just stay that way. I had some good success with dusty hunting back in the day but never found any dusty WTKS in my Chicago area hunts. I had to settle for my '91 and '93 Rare Breed finds instead .
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Trippah and Admin

Like many others I love the older pewter and dark wood bottlings but the new stuff leaves me flat. It is just too young for my tastes.

I'm glad I have scads of 90s era KS and RR101 put up to tide me over until WT has enough aged stock on hand to do the label justice again.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Disciple

I'm really enjoying this pour right now from a dark top. I bought this in Logansport, Indiana, and the guy behind the counter said it was probably the last bottle of anything they had from their previous location.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer View Post
    I was going to taste my old Kentucky Spirit yesterday afternoon and report on it here. But I became severely ill, so I'll have to postpone it.

At first, I was afraid I had the flu, but after thinking more about my symptoms, I think it might be meningitis. I would rather have the flu. Last night was pure torture. I will make an appointment as soon as I can get through to the doctor's office, this morning.

Tim
    oops! posted too soon. saw that it wasn't meningitis and that you are feeling better. that's good to hear.
    Last edited by Neat; 02-13-2012 at 21:02.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by DeanSheen View Post
    Yes, it's a shame. It used to be fantastic, now it's just a fancy bottle and a high price tag.

I love old Turkey. These days its just another distillery.
    i agree with you about loving old turkey. however, i disagree with you about it just being another distillery these days. i think they still produce very good bourbon - even at the massive scale they churn out the stuff. is it as good as the old days? nope. but, it's still good.

Virtuoso

For once I actually am able to comment on the BOTM in the current month

Through the generosity of another member I recently acquired an embossed dark top from 05.

I'd say it's actually a little subdued for a WT. Don't get me wrong, it's very typical of WT from the last 10 years or so, but just not as in your face. It's also got a nice, clean, refreshing finish.

Overall I think I like it slightly better than the current Rare Breed but not as well as older RBs I have tried. I haven't bothered with the newer WTKS bottlings because you guys have scared me off.

Apprentice

I wish this wasn't so impossible to find in Wisconsin! We have the other WT products, but never any Kentucky Spirit. I drove to Binny's in IL this week to pick up my first bottle. Only time i've tried it was at the distillery and hadn't fully developed my taste for WT. To say I am excited to try it again would be a huge understatement.

Side note... also have a bottle of American Spirit on the way which I am also wildly excited for!
    Last edited by Moretorque05; 03-03-2012 at 11:17.
    @TheBourbonPro on Twitter

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Moretorque05 View Post
    I wish this wasn't so impossible to find in Wisconsin! We have the other WT products, but never any Kentucky Spirit. I drove to Binny's in IL this week to pick up my first bottle. Only time i've tried it was at the distillery and hadn't fully developed my taste for WT. To say I am excited to try it again would be a huge understatement.

Side note... also have a bottle of American Spirit on the way which I am also wildly excited for!
    The American Spirit will not disappoint.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Moretorque05 View Post

Are you kidding me?? WTKS lounges on the shelves of Otto's, Discount Liquor, Ray's, Consumer... It's easy to find.

Advanced Taster

I'm enjoying WTKS as a regular pour. Decent juice at a decent price. I'm a little surprised there isn't more discussion about it,