Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Once a year allocation for Pappy?

I got it on good authority today that after the spring release, Buffalo Trace and Vanwinkle have decided to go with 1 annual allocation. It is there way of dealing with the HYSTERIA and hoards of angry people who have been left out.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Enthusiast

Re: Once a year allocation for Pappy?

Wasn't there some other claim/rumor that there wouldn't be a spring 2012 allocation?
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Virtuoso

I sure did not expect to see one this spring. All I heard during the onrush of Nov-Dec, was that it would be 'same time next year'. It sure would be nice to have one though without all the holiday hoopla. Maybe it might even show up on a few shelves again.

Connoisseur
    The conspiracy theorist in me says the spring release will just go to international markets where they even a higher premium. Are we really supposed to be believe a company these days is here to look out for our best interest and release when it won't cause such hysteria. I know these guys are a lot more open about their products, so if they announce it I will trust it more but I will still do so with a lot of apprehension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enthusiast

Sigh. I hate the fact that it's basically impossible to get any old wheaters at ALL.

Weller 12 -> Nearly impossible to find.
    ORVW -> Well... you know...
    Old Fitz 12 -> Never seen it.
    PHC 10 year -> seen it, far away, for a lot of money.

Enthusiast

They already posted on FB that they are bottling the spring 2012 release, and that was weeks ago.
    Last edited by chefnash51; 02-06-2012 at 18:10.
    -Kevin

"Why? Because it's delicious!"

Bourbon always did make me feel like a Giant.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by chefnash51 View Post
    They already posted on FB that they are bottling the spring 2012 release, and that was weeks ago.
    Ah, yes. On January 10 ORVWD posted the following:
    We are sampling barrels for the spring release. We will post when we have a better idea of when the release will go out.
    No newer news on FB.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Advanced Taster

I see that they're having a spring release so it's really a moot point, but why wouldn't they want to have one. They don't care how difficult it is to get; in fact it's only beneficial to them if you hear about it long before you get to try it. The mystique will obviously color your first sip when you eventually get to try some. Trickling it out in both a spring and fall release means that people are always talking about it.

Limited release with continued discussion/ appreciation leads to higher demand and, thus, higher prices/ profits. It's a brilliant business strategy and likely the end of the era of huge amounts being bunkered away in our cellars.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&Bourbon View Post
    I see that they're having a spring release so it's really a moot point, but why wouldn't they want to have one. They don't care how difficult it is to get; in fact it's only beneficial to them if you hear about it long before you get to try it. The mystique will obviously color your first sip when you eventually get to try some. Trickling it out in both a spring and fall release means that people are always talking about it.

Limited release with continued discussion/ appreciation leads to higher demand and, thus, higher prices/ profits. It's a brilliant business strategy and likely the end of the era of huge amounts being bunkered away in our cellars.
    Out of all the wheated variations coming from BT, the Pappy 15 blows them all out of the water. WLW comes closest, but to my palate, Pappy barrel selection took priority in '11 and I hope it continues to be so selective going forward.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by dmarkle View Post
    Sigh. I hate the fact that it's basically impossible to get any old wheaters at ALL.

Weller 12 -> Nearly impossible to find.
    ORVW -> Well... you know...
    Old Fitz 12 -> Never seen it.
    PHC 10 year -> seen it, far away, for a lot of money.

It sad, but recently it seems like its been easier to get the PHC 10 than any of the other listed above- at least from what I've seen. That's just seems plain wrong.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."