Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: Once a year allocation for Pappy?

This is the most exciting news to hit these boards in months!!!!! Now, I only have to get through the fortyeleven PVW threads that coincide with it's release just once per year!!! Only once per year will I have to gut it through......"Anybody know when Pappy's release date is?"; "Wahoo, I'm the first to report seeing Pappy in a store!!!!! "; "My store only got 1 bottle of 15. :. How many did your store get???" "Is Pappy 15 still Stitzel-Weller?"; "Is Pappy 20 still Stitzel-Weller?"; "Is Pappy 23 still Stitzel-Weller?"; "Damn this chafes my shorts, the 15 yr is $114 here!!! How much is it in your area???"; "Hi my name is Mort, i just signed up here...can anyone tell me where I can buy Pappy?"; "Anybody seen Pappy in Cooter Station, West Virginia yet?"; "Hey, can anyone tell me if my bottle is Stitzel-Weller?"; "Sound off! Who has their Pappy?"; "This Pappy is great juice....Who agrees with me?!?!?!"; "Good News! Webcam showing Pappy being bottled today!!!!"; "So, when did Stitzel-Weller stop distilling?"; "How much do the Pappy's cost in your area??"; "Somebody stole my Pappy!! "; "Why can't they just start up Stitzel-Weller again??"; "Preston just tweeted that Pappy 15 is really 15 years and 3 MONTHS!!!!!" ; "Are we sure the 15 year is now BT??????"; "Goodbye all, I dropped my Pappy....BANG!! "; "What's 1,992 + 15???"; "Is Stizzel-Willur still distilling?"; "What should I do with my 17 bottles of Pappy 15???" ; "Is E-Bay a good place to buy Pappy 15??" ; "I know this has probably been asked before, but does anyone know if the current release of Pappy 15 is from the legendary Stitzel-Weller Distillery??"

Ahhhhh. The Springs will be so nice....
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post
    It sad, but recently it seems like its been easier to get the PHC 10 than any of the other listed above- at least from what I've seen. That's just seems plain wrong.

B
    PHC 10 is long gone from this area.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWF View Post
    Out of all the wheated variations coming from BT, the Pappy 15 blows them all out of the water. WLW comes closest, but to my palate, Pappy barrel selection took priority in '11 and I hope it continues to be so selective going forward.

I'll take the WLW over Pappy 15 any day. I've tried to like the Pappy 15, but I'm not getting the hype. I like the BTAC a lot more and it easier to find and cheaper.

Connoisseur

Freaking hilarious Joe, I don't think you missed a thing!!!

Edit:: Ooops...you totally missed the dot matrix coding thingy
    Last edited by Phil T; 02-07-2012 at 03:52.
    The liver is evil. It must be punished...

Atta Boy Joe. I know it's only February, but........ that has post of the year written all over it.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Connoisseur

Joe,

I'm not the most perceptive fellow around but I'm sensing a little annoyance. Maybe some sarcasm?
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    This is the most exciting news to hit these boards in months!!!!! Now, I only have to get through the fortyeleven PVW threads that coincide with it's release just once per year!!! Only once per year will I have to gut it through......"Anybody know when Pappy's release date is?"; "Wahoo, I'm the first to report seeing Pappy in a store!!!!! "; "My store only got 1 bottle of 15. :. How many did your store get???" "Is Pappy 15 still Stitzel-Weller?"; "Is Pappy 20 still Stitzel-Weller?"; "Is Pappy 23 still Stitzel-Weller?"; "Damn this chafes my shorts, the 15 yr is $114 here!!! How much is it in your area???"; "Hi my name is Mort, i just signed up here...can anyone tell me where I can buy Pappy?"; "Anybody seen Pappy in Cooter Station, West Virginia yet?"; "Hey, can anyone tell me if my bottle is Stitzel-Weller?"; "Sound off! Who has their Pappy?"; "This Pappy is great juice....Who agrees with me?!?!?!"; "Good News! Webcam showing Pappy being bottled today!!!!"; "So, when did Stitzel-Weller stop distilling?"; "How much do the Pappy's cost in your area??"; "Somebody stole my Pappy!! "; "Why can't they just start up Stitzel-Weller again??"; "Preston just tweeted that Pappy 15 is really 15 years and 3 MONTHS!!!!!" ; "Are we sure the 15 year is now BT??????"; "Goodbye all, I dropped my Pappy....BANG!! "; "What's 1,992 + 15???"; "Is Stizzel-Willur still distilling?"; "What should I do with my 17 bottles of Pappy 15???" ; "Is E-Bay a good place to buy Pappy 15??" ; "I know this has probably been asked before, but does anyone know if the current release of Pappy 15 is from the legendary Stitzel-Weller Distillery??"

Ahhhhh. The Springs will be so nice....
    You hit the nail on the head with that post Joe. That is half of this board twice a year!
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Connoisseur

lol, love it joe!

Disciple

Thank You Joe! Gotta be my favorite post.

Disciple

Outstanding, Joe!

I think the 15yrs and 3 months Preston tweet was my favorite part.