Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Wyoming Whiskey

Taster

Wyoming Whiskey

I just received an email from Wyoming Whiskey it is going to be released Dec. 1 2012 hopefully we will get some here in WA but highly doubtful probably only be available in Wyoming for a while

Taster

Re: Wyoming Whiskey

As the least populous state in the Union, it probably isn't in their interests to only distribute in Wyoming.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

So, they're going to release at 3 years? Must say, I'm a bit surprised. I thought they would have waited longer. Nice thing is, they've been filling about 20 barrels a week since June, 2009, so they have a full pipeline and probably are letting some age longer. I certainly hope so, anyway.

I will be visiting the Wyoming Distillery in June. Hopefully Steve will be there, and maybe I can get a taste of their whiskey. I'll also try to get some more info and take a few pics.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Advanced Taster

Ill be heading over to kirby in two weeks, since i live in wy. Ill be buying up lots of this whiskey for buddies ouside of wy because it will only be available in wyoming for awhile. Btw, even tho we're the least populated state, i bet 20bbl a week can dissapear fast even if only available here, its gonna be a huge hit here!!!
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Quote Originally Posted by straightwhiskeyruffneck View Post
    Ill be heading over to kirby in two weeks, since i live in wy. Ill be buying up lots of this whiskey for buddies ouside of wy because it will only be available in wyoming for awhile. Btw, even tho we're the least populated state, i bet 20bbl a week can dissapear fast even if only available here, its gonna be a huge hit here!!!
    Cool. When are you going to be there? It looks like my wife and I will be there either the 5th or 6th. Maybe we can meet up. Let me know. Till then..... Cheers! Joe

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Cool. When are you going to be there? It looks like my wife and I will be there either the 5th or 6th. Maybe we can meet up. Let me know. Till then..... Cheers! Joe
    I can do the 5th or 6th. Ill have my wife as well, probably my two little boys also
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Quote Originally Posted by straightwhiskeyruffneck View Post
    I can do the 5th or 6th. Ill have my wife as well, probably my two little boys also
    Great! I'll send you a pm. Joe

Well, my wife and I visited Wyoming Whiskey while on vacation. Steve and Donna Nally were out of town on business, so we didn't get to see them. The tour guide was nice and fairly knowledgable, and the other employees we chatted with seemed like good folks too. Near as I can tell, (if I read my scribbled notes correctly) the recipe will be 67% corn, 20% wheat and 13% malted barley. The whiskey will be barreled at 110 proof , and bottled at approximately 88 proof. The bourbon will be released only in Wyoming at first. Below are a few pics. ww1.jpgww2.jpgww3.jpgww4.jpgww5.jpgww6.jpgww7.jpgww8.jpg