Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Hello from Long Island, New York

I've been lurking on the site for some time. Seems that every time I looked for some information on a specific bourbon or history etc. I ended up here. So, here I am.

I live in Lindenhurst NY, married, 3 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a turtle. Enjoy boating, fishing, family, friends, beer, bourbon. Not in that order and any combination.

I wouldn't say I'm new to bourbon but my experiences are limited. I haven't tried many different types of bourbon and I'm always looking for recommendations. I recently got my hands on some Elmer T Lee single barrel. Really enjoying it.

Dave

Connoisseur

Re: Hello from Long Island, New York

Welcome Aboard. Very nice area on the southern side of the island if I remember Lindenhurst correctly.

Recommendations of bourbon are good, but experimentation is better.

But beware, this board will give you the urge to expand your experiences quickly. Not necessarily a bad thing... well, except possibly for your wallet.

Guru

Hello Dad and welcome to SB. I'm a transplanted New Yorker living in Chicago these days. The ETL is a very nice whiskey and a good one to have around. My only advice is to always remember that you don't have to break the bank to get fabulous whiskey. Many beauties can be found in the under-$40 range, so don't be afraid to look at the middle and lower shelves when browsing at your favorite liquor store. You may want to check out Wild Turkey Rare Breed when you get the chance. But most importantly, have fun!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Novice

Thank you for the kind welcome.

Jaymonster you are correct Lindy is on the south shore I live about 100 yards from the Great South Bay. I enjoy experimentation often.

Unclebuck I actually found my ETL onsale for $30. I was very suprised because I was unable to find it anywhere else and to find a place that had quite a bit of it seemed strange. I will certainly give rare breed a try. I had a boss going back about 20 years ago, he was from GA and only drank wild turkey. If you brought anything into his shop but Budwiser or wild turkey he would throw you out. I enjoyed both quite a bit.

Dave