Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,605

    Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

    This is embarassing. Old Bushmills is coming out with a honey-flavored blended Irish whiskey. The embarassing part? They're making it exclusively for the U.S. market.

  2. #2
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE OH
    Posts
    1,781

    Re: Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

    Looks like everyone is racing to make one of these. Next year maybe it will be honey cherry.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

    GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

  3. #3
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Massillon, Oh.
    Posts
    1,245

    Re: Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

    ............. because we NEED whiskey that tastes like a Luden's cough drop.

  4. #4
    Trippah and Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northeast Ahia
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

    Honey flavored nail polish remover has to be a step up from the plain stuff, no?
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

  5. #5
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Swaziland, Africa
    Posts
    1,490

    Re: Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

    Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    This is embarassing. Old Bushmills is coming out with a honey-flavored blended Irish whiskey. The embarassing part? They're making it exclusively for the U.S. market.
    This made me spontaneously break out in "I'm proud to be an American..."
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

  6. #6
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Alliance,Ohio
    Posts
    1,516

    Re: Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

    Maybe this stuff will actually be drinkable. The regular is drain cleaner.

    Thomas

  7. #7
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,605

    Re: Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Maybe this stuff will actually be drinkable. The regular is drain cleaner.

    Thomas
    If you don't like Bushmills you won't like this but if you do, you might. The whiskey definitely cuts through, which is a good thing. In that it is unlike the Jack Daniel's Honey, in which the whiskey is completely masked. The Bushmills is simple and not overly sweet. It tastes like Bushmills whiskey with a little bit of very high quality honey. The bottle is nice and the spirit is a pretty color, so all in all, not bad.

    The press kit came loaded onto a USB embedded in a log, which I enjoyed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Massillon, Oh.
    Posts
    1,245

    Re: Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

    I'm not overly fond of Bushmills Original, but I do like the Black Bush quite well. The Malt 10 and 16 are also very good. I haven't had the pleasure of tasting the 21.

    I'm not a fan of any flavored whiskies, so I'll probably just pass on this one, too.

  9. #9
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    2,833

    Re: Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

    Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    I'm not overly fond of Bushmills Original, but I do like the Black Bush quite well. The Malt 10 and 16 are also very good. I haven't had the pleasure of tasting the 21.

    I'm not a fan of any flavored whiskies, so I'll probably just pass on this one, too.
    I love Black Bush too but will pass on the honey. I'm still staring at a bottle of WT Honey that I bought a few years ago in an attempt to coax my wife into the world of whiskey. Needless to say, I failed in the endeavor. She's strictly a gin and tonic girl to this day.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

  10. #10
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Swaziland, Africa
    Posts
    1,490

    Re: Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

    Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    I love Black Bush too but will pass on the honey. I'm still staring at a bottle of WT Honey that I bought a few years ago in an attempt to coax my wife into the world of whiskey. Needless to say, I failed in the endeavor. She's strictly a gin and tonic girl to this day.
    I too am not a fan of flavored whiskey, but I liked to put WT Honey in the freezer. Every once in a while, that hit the spot.
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Ready for some Montana whiskey?
    By bourbonmed in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2000, 18:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top