Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

This is embarassing. Old Bushmills is coming out with a honey-flavored blended Irish whiskey. The embarassing part? They're making it exclusively for the U.S. market.

Disciple

Re: Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

Looks like everyone is racing to make one of these. Next year maybe it will be honey cherry.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Virtuoso

............. because we NEED whiskey that tastes like a Luden's cough drop.

Trippah and Admin

Honey flavored nail polish remover has to be a step up from the plain stuff, no?
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    This is embarassing. Old Bushmills is coming out with a honey-flavored blended Irish whiskey. The embarassing part? They're making it exclusively for the U.S. market.
    This made me spontaneously break out in "I'm proud to be an American..."
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

Disciple

Maybe this stuff will actually be drinkable. The regular is drain cleaner.

Thomas

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Maybe this stuff will actually be drinkable. The regular is drain cleaner.

Thomas
    If you don't like Bushmills you won't like this but if you do, you might. The whiskey definitely cuts through, which is a good thing. In that it is unlike the Jack Daniel's Honey, in which the whiskey is completely masked. The Bushmills is simple and not overly sweet. It tastes like Bushmills whiskey with a little bit of very high quality honey. The bottle is nice and the spirit is a pretty color, so all in all, not bad.

The press kit came loaded onto a USB embedded in a log, which I enjoyed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Virtuoso

I'm not overly fond of Bushmills Original, but I do like the Black Bush quite well. The Malt 10 and 16 are also very good. I haven't had the pleasure of tasting the 21.

I'm not a fan of any flavored whiskies, so I'll probably just pass on this one, too.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    I'm not overly fond of Bushmills Original, but I do like the Black Bush quite well. The Malt 10 and 16 are also very good. I haven't had the pleasure of tasting the 21.

I'm not a fan of any flavored whiskies, so I'll probably just pass on this one, too.
    I love Black Bush too but will pass on the honey. I'm still staring at a bottle of WT Honey that I bought a few years ago in an attempt to coax my wife into the world of whiskey. Needless to say, I failed in the endeavor. She's strictly a gin and tonic girl to this day.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    I love Black Bush too but will pass on the honey. I'm still staring at a bottle of WT Honey that I bought a few years ago in an attempt to coax my wife into the world of whiskey. Needless to say, I failed in the endeavor. She's strictly a gin and tonic girl to this day.
    I too am not a fan of flavored whiskey, but I liked to put WT Honey in the freezer. Every once in a while, that hit the spot.
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.