Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Enthusiast

Quick visit to KBD

This morning before leaving the great State of Kentucky, I made a quick trip down to Bardstown to visit Hunter and Drew at KBD. Boy, am I glad I did! They're staying pretty busy out there...fermenting and distilling five days a week. If that didn't keep them busy enough, they're neck-deep in renovating all of the rickhouses and other buildings on property, and making some substantial improvements to the property as well.

Drew was kind enough to pull us a taste Bourbon distillate coming off both the beer still and pot still. I can tell you, he is putting down some VERY tasty spirit. I can't wait to taste it with some barrel age.

The vision and determination evident in this family is really great to see. They're on their way to creating a "must" destination for every Bourbon lover!
    Mat Garretson
    HIGH WEST DISTILLERY

Virtuoso

Re: Quick visit to KBD

Great folks who continue to make a very positive impact on the whiskey world....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Connoisseur

Re: Quick visit to KBD

I am hoping some of the negativity about them distilling and ever producing an aged product will lessen now. That sounds pretty serious to me.