Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Russell's Reserve Single Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    They better hadn't discontinue the Rare Breed! First they water down my rye, now I hear rumors of no more RB???!!!! Makes me almost want to quit drinking all WT products if it comes true!
    Don't cry my friend. It will be good. I promise. Rare breed lives!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
    So, having read the previous thread, also knowing a potential new product will be replacing the current....do I bothering grabbing a bottle of RR (current?)
    Which current are they replacing? This could replace RR, RB and KS in one fell swoop. They heard us tanking KS in bourbon of the month and needed to act.

Why does every one speculate the worst case scenario when something new comes out? Everyone has been wanting RR101 back this is RR 101 in overdrive. Lets wait and see what happens before we start bitching. Just because someone moved your food dish an inch to the side don't have a hissy. Same goes for the Rye 81 /Rye 101.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Why does every one speculate the worst case scenario when something new comes out? Everyone has been wanting RR101 back this is RR 101 in overdrive. Lets wait and see what happens before we start bitching. Just because someone moved your food dish an inch to the side don't have a hissy. Same goes for the Rye 81 /Rye 101.
    we got nothing better to do.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    It's interesting that the label says "Small Batch Single Barrel"
    I'm guessing they figure that's the ultimate in small batch?
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Trippah and Admin

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    We've developed a callous.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
    Which current are they replacing? This could replace RR, RB and KS in one fell swoop. They heard us tanking KS in bourbon of the month and needed to act.
    Well, I avoided Rare Breed, Russel's Reserve, and Kentucky Spirit because the reviews didn't justify the cost.

My question I suppose is whether or not they really are worth picking up, or only the older discontinued releases?
    |-o-| [-o-] |-o-| "I'm on the leader"

Virtuoso

For $30 to $35 Rare Breed is still worth it. But the older stuff was better. If you've never tasted the older RBs the current is just fine

Russell's Reserve is pretty good, too, at under $30. If it was under $25 I would be even more excited about it.

Wild Turkey is kind of a victim of their own success. They made some incredible booze in the not that distant past, and the current stuff doesn't quite measure up. But that doesn't mean that the current product is bad, quite the contrary. It's very good.... just has big shoes to fill.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
    Well, I avoided Rare Breed, Russel's Reserve, and Kentucky Spirit because the reviews didn't justify the cost.

My question I suppose is whether or not they really are worth picking up, or only the older discontinued releases?
    Get the rare breed and thank me later. I've never bought RR because in my opinion, $30 is a lot for a 90 proof bourbon. I hope this new one is coming soon. I can smell the honey barrels already.

Virtuoso

Will be waiting in high anticipation for the WT Rye 101 Single Barrel.... probably about $39.95.....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"