Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

What wine are you drinking? Spring 2012

I did a search and didn't see a current wine thread. So here we go! What wine are you drinking?

Tonight for me, as a change from bourbon, I'm drinking a 2008 bottle of Maison Louis Latour Domaine de Valmoissine Pinot Noir. Nothing fancy and it was on clearance at my local store. That's the main reason I bought it as I'm not a huge pinot fan. It's ok, kind of one dimensional IMHO. I really prefer big, bold cabernets.

Enthusiast

Re: What wine are you drinking? Spring 2012

Had a little 2006 Pride Cabernet Franc with friends last night. Now I'm sipping on 1997 Salon Le Mesnil while I finish up some work at the office.

Connoisseur

salon at work = win!

just got a nice shipment from rhys and copain this week so I may crack one while playing with my new ipad 3 tonight

Connoisseur

Last bottles were The Hattrick, a Napa Blend (Cab Sauvignon, Merlot, Cab Franc) from Miner (with international hockey star Igol Larionov) and Maple Lane 2008, another Napa Cab. The ML was great; unfortunately it's sold out and we only bought 2 bottles.

Just bought another bottle of Cakebread Dancing Bear Ranch, another Napa blend we like. To keep the other 600+ bottles company in the basement. Like we needed it.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoys View Post
    Last bottles were The Hattrick, a Napa Blend (Cab Sauvignon, Merlot, Cab Franc) from Miner (with international hockey star Igol Larionov) and Maple Lane 2008, another Napa Cab. The ML was great; unfortunately it's sold out and we only bought 2 bottles.

Just bought another bottle of Cakebread Dancing Bear Ranch, another Napa blend we like. To keep the other 600+ bottles company in the basement. Like we needed it.
    I've seen the maple lane on wtso.com
    If your not familiar with the site, then u need to get familiar. It is insanely good.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Novice
    2010 Babcock Deja Vu Pinot Noir

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Connoisseur

I know almost nothing about wine, but I would love to hear any suggestions from the board about a "house" red, an everyday drinker, not too dry, under $10.

Connoisseur

Just broke into a 2007 V. Sattui off dry reisling. Really nice and fruity with A crisp finish.
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant man View Post
    I've seen the maple lane on wtso.com
    If your not familiar with the site, then u need to get familiar. It is insanely good.
    thanks for the tip. registered. interesting concept, selling one wine at a time.

opened a half bottle of Rubicon Estate 2006 Cask Cabernet, a consistently good Napa Cab. Very smooth, little tannins.

Originally known as Inglenook when established by Gustave Niebaum in 1879, Francis Ford Coppola bought it in 1975 and it became Niebaum-Coppola. It was renamed Rubicon Estate in 2006, but in 2011, FFC bought back the Inglenook name and it's now known as Inglenook again.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I don't drink much wine, but my wife loves it..... Since trying it in Hawaii, she's become a give fan of Callifornian White Zinfandel. Until this year we've never been able to find one on the Aussie market, but it looks like the Gallo Family Vinyard variety is now permanently available.
    Otherwise, she's working her way through the enormous range of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc's that are available here.