Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Taster

Re: what bourbon are you enjoying spring 2012 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyjd75 View Post
    ORVW 10/107. This could be my favorite of them all.
    You know, after finding and trying all of the Van Winkles I have to agree with you on the ORVW 10/107. I know its not S-W, but damn it is just some fine bourbon. I think the fact that its priced reasonably (when I cna find it) means I don't have any anxiety about drinking it regularly when I have it on hand.

My favorite Pappy is the 15 year, and I think the 10/107 reminds a little more of it that the 20 or 23. Glad you are enjoying it!
    "I suffered from ADD as a child. My parents treated it with a naturally grown remedy that I was made to harvest myself....a switch."

Connoisseur

After a still so-so pour of the BTEC Rice, I moved on to some FRSB OESV. It's been another that enjoyed, but it was missing something. Water.

Light splash has really made it much more enjoyable, took the initial bite off, much more velvety, and makes me look forward to the rest of the bottle that much more.

Don't know why i waited this long to try it cut down just a bit, makes a world of difference.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

I opened a bottle of Weller 12 that I picked up on a recent trip to KY and had high hopes. I found it to be extremely bitter and utterly unenjoyable so I decided to compare it to my last few drops of ORVW 10/90...and it too was extremely bitter. So the problem is with my taste buds, not the bourbon. Just an off night I guess. Maybe something I ate? I'm drinking milk now

Disciple

ER 10/101 from Frankfort in the glass...it's a shame what BT did to this bourbon by cutting it to 90pr...
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Advanced Taster

My first pour of PVW 15 tonight. WOW!!! I never knew it would be this good. My first sip blew me away.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by atfree View Post
    My first pour of PVW 15 tonight. WOW!!! I never knew it would be this good. My first sip blew me away.
    Ah yes. I'll never forget my first time. Best glass of bourbon I've ever had.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    ER 10/101 from Frankfort in the glass...it's a shame what BT did to this bourbon by cutting it to 90pr...
    i have some ER 10/90 as the "house" bourbon and had a pour earlier and I was thinking how great it would be to have it at 101, and I have never had it at that proof!
    Last edited by jtexaslonestar; 03-20-2012 at 20:14.

Virtuoso

2011 WLW... quite possibly my favorite bourbon! It's just so rich and syrupy. Only other thing I've tasted that was along the same lines was a bottle of Knob Creek Single Barrel awhile back.

Connoisseur

Does anybody else ever just plow through a certain bottle, more because you want to be done with it than it being "all that"?

That is my current state with the Jim Beam Black 7/90.

It is not bad. But it certainly wouldn't be what I would call my "go to" bottle, yet I seem to be reaching for it as much as my OWA lately, just so I can reclaim that spot for another bottle of something else... even if it is just the current Jim Beam Black instead.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by JayMonster View Post
    Does anybody else ever just plow through a certain bottle, more because you want to be done with it than it being "all that"?

That is my current state with the Jim Beam Black 7/90.

It is not bad. But it certainly wouldn't be what I would call my "go to" bottle, yet I seem to be reaching for it as much as my OWA lately, just so I can reclaim that spot for another bottle of something else... even if it is just the current Jim Beam Black instead.
    Oh yeah. All the time. I only have room for 8 bottles in my liquor cabinet so if I get one I don't like I just start hammering it down. Right now I have a liter of Knob Creek I am trying get rid of and a Bulleit Rye on its last legs. Everyone who steps through my front door is immediately offered a whiskey/ginger ale these days.
    -SOB-