Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Disciple

What Beer Are You Drinking? - Spring 2012

Well the warmer weather is finally here (or almost here, for our friends up North). What are you drinking this Spring?
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Disciple

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? - Spring 2012

Last night I reached into the fridge for a Founder's Red Rye PA and when I popped the top and started pouring it into the glass it looked unusually dark. I accidentally poured a Founder's Breakfast Stout and, while it was delicious, it wasn't what I was in the mood for. The Red Rye PA that I poured afterwards was outstanding.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Connoisseur

Guiness Draught..gonna get some Shiner (Texas beer) Hefeweizen next week.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
    Last night I reached into the fridge for a Founder's Red Rye PA
    Had a couple of the Founder's Red Rye PA's on tap last night. Most excellent. I'll have to see if I can find some for the fridge.
    <"}}}}}}}><

Rich

Virtuoso

This past weekend I had a chance to drink a small snifter of 2010 Bourbon County Stout drawn from a tap. At 13% abv, it was huge and chalky, and the most gooey, sticky-icky beer I have ever had. I think I could have picked the liquid out of the glass with my fingers and it would come out as a giant gob. It was not the easiest thing to drink, but I couldn't resist the rare opportunity and I don't regret it. I was not prepared to pick apart the complexity, but I'll just say it made my head spin.

Followed that up with Zombie Dust. It was the hoppiest beer I've ever had that didn't have that bitter bite most hoppy beers present. I've heard that Three Floyd's is ramping up production and intends to make it their standard brew. More Zombie Dust on the shelves would be an incredibly good thing!
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Connoisseur

Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, citrusy hop goodness with a long chewy resiny finish. Mouth puckering hoppiness is right up my alley.

Virtuoso

Dogfish Head 90-minute IPA. This used to be my favorite IPA. But after having Hopslam I think the Dogfish Head is now relegated to second.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Dogfish Head 90-minute IPA. This used to be my favorite IPA. But after having Hopslam I think the Dogfish Head is now relegated to second.
    That is why you differentiate between year round favorite and seasonal favorite. 90 is available 365, Hopslam but for a short time late winter-early spring.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWF View Post
    Followed that up with Zombie Dust. It was the hoppiest beer I've ever had that didn't have that bitter bite most hoppy beers present. I've heard that Three Floyd's is ramping up production and intends to make it their standard brew. More Zombie Dust on the shelves would be an incredibly good thing!
    It's already happening. A month ago, it was city-only for bottles. Now, it's reaching some suburban stores. And where the two stores (one city, one suburban) that I had been buying it at were limiting sales to two six packs per customer, both have lifted that limit in the past few weeks.

And the best part, for me, is that the wife still much prefers Alpha King to the Dust, so I can buy it with minimal fear that she'll be hitting my stash.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    That is why you differentiate between year round favorite and seasonal favorite. 90 is available 365, Hopslam but for a short time late winter-early spring.
    This is also a reason that craft beer will always be a niche thing no matter how exciting the projections may get.

Most consumers demand year-round availability of the things that they like.

More for us!
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz