Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? - Spring 2012

No bourbon for me tonight. Just a couple Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA's. Good stuff!

Connoisseur

Might have overindulged a bit thurs night before the concert. Friday night we split a Stillwater Cellar Door farmhouse ale. Karen is a big fan of saisons and farmhouse ales and she really liked this one.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    Might have overindulged a bit thurs night before the concert. Friday night we split a Stillwater Cellar Door farmhouse ale. Karen is a big fan of saisons and farmhouse ales and she really liked this one.
    Stillwater is down in Ohio? That's awesome! We have a lot of shining lights up here in DC/Maryland, but none brighter than Stillwater. Flying Dog also is upping their game considerably - their Underdog lager is one of the best session beers I've had, probably better to my palate than Bitter American. They might not have a great reputation, since historically, their beers have kind of sucked, but they got a lot better in a short time.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Two Brothers Hop Juice Imperial IPA, a fantastic 100 IBU seasonal that comes and goes in a flash every summer.
    The Hop Juice Festival at the Roundhouse last weekend was great. First three years it was held at the brewery itself, and was sort of a congested mess due to lack of space. Now that they have the Roundhouse, it's a "must do" for me every summer. And if you're on the BN rail line, it's a straight shot to the fest at the Aurora end of the line with no worries about parking or overconsumption.

Also? Hop Juice Black. A most excellent imperial black pale ale.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Connoisseur

Tonight was a beer night. Sitting around a fire, began with FFF Gumballhead. Then my homebrew summer rye and Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's. Finished with Ballast Point Tongue Buckler imp red- incredible malty red ale with enormous hop presence.

Enthusiast

Some of my latest pales (pale/ipa/dipa) have had issues. Which drives me nuts. Not bad beers, but no what I'm shooting for. 2 beers in the fermenters now, high hopes for each.

Currently went to Alpine Brewing for some beer. These guys make the BEST west coast style IPA's I've ever had. But zero distribution so you can't get them anywhere. THey're 20mins away, so...not too far.

Damn they make excellent beer.
    The avatar is me as a little tyke.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    The Hop Juice Festival at the Roundhouse last weekend was great. First three years it was held at the brewery itself, and was sort of a congested mess due to lack of space. Now that they have the Roundhouse, it's a "must do" for me every summer. And if you're on the BN rail line, it's a straight shot to the fest at the Aurora end of the line with no worries about parking or overconsumption.

Also? Hop Juice Black. A most excellent imperial black pale ale.
    Somehow that event slipped past my radar, otherwise I would have met you up there for a few beers. I live less than two blocks from the BN line in Brookfield (just a stone's throw from the Irish Times!), so that would be very convenient. How far is the Roundhouse from the station?
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Plenty of Negra Modelo went down the hatch last night while sipping too many glasses of tequila. I enjoy that beer but it seems to have slightly less character than it used to, though that may just be my own faulty recollection of its flavor.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Listening to the Braves on the radio, on a darkish, on-and-off rainy, day. Trying the latest Terrapin Side Project (#16), "Phlux Capacitor" Oak Aged American Ale. Nice brew, but a touch too sweet IMO. Very drinkable though, with a fair amount of old-timey black licorice over the palate. Goes pretty well with the weather.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Virtuoso

I'm getting my beer on this afternoon with some Two Brothers Outlaw from a can. I like beer from a can. Typically after I pour it into a glass.

This is an IPA sitting at 6.3% and it's very decent. Nice and drinkable with lots of citrus, though more hops would balance it out better.

I miss my Zombie Dust. It's the only beer that's been firing on all cylinders for me lately. I needa get sommore!
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--