Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? - Spring 2012

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Somehow that event slipped past my radar, otherwise I would have met you up there for a few beers. I live less than two blocks from the BN line in Brookfield (just a stone's throw from the Irish Times!), so that would be very convenient. How far is the Roundhouse from the station?
    The Roundhouse is co-located with the Aurora station. Seven bucks round trip with the Amtrak weekend pass -- great way to get there for those of us who live near the rails! (I'm two blocks from the DG Fairview stop.)

Thanks for the tip that TJ's had HJ -- picked a few up this morning.

From photos on FB, it looks like 2Bros is building out a new brewery in the Roundhouse. They just pulled the old equipment out in the past week or so.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Virtuoso

Tried the Founders Curmudgeon Better Half ... IMO way out of balance, overly sweet and malty .... a classic over the top barley wine. uge disappointment especially given the crazy price.....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

A couple of Guinnesses on draught at Ri Ra in Evansville last night. I'm not a huge fan of Guinness, but a properly poured draught while watching baseball and hockey on the screen at the bar is a treat.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Sam Adams Dark Depths Baltic Porter. Man, this stuff is good! I'll go out on a limb and say that this beer is as good as any I've had in six months.
    Celebrating the weekend with Sam Adams Dark Depths. Very drinkable beer...not great to me but not bad by any means.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Connoisseur

Hoppin' Frog Hopped-up Goose Juice Rye IPA, very good, Hoppin'Frog is solid.

Disciple

312 Urban Wheat Ale this evening. Nothing special, but hits the spot after a very long week.

Virtuoso
    Fade to black pepper porter ..... Great brew that is perfectly balanced
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
    Celebrating the weekend with Sam Adams Dark Depths. Very drinkable beer...not great to me but not bad by any means.
    Sounds like you were underwhelmed by the SADD. I'm wondering if it's simply a matter of personal taste or if perhaps you drank the beer too cold. Like most ales, the aroma really shines when the beer is served in the mid-50 degrees range. The reason I mention this is because I pulled two bottles of SADD out of the fridge last night and left the second one on the counter while I consumed the first bottle. I noticed that the second bottle was light years better than the first, having had ten or fifteen minutes to warm up a bit. I'm still knocked out by how good this beer is and have yet to encounter anything better this year.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
    Well the warmer weather is finally here (or almost here, for our friends up North). What are you drinking this Spring?

I am bouncing back and forth between Belle's Two Hearted Ale and Sierra Nevada's Torpedo. Can't go wrong either way. Two of the best IPA's out there IMHO!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by m_jolley View Post
    I am bouncing back and forth between Belle's Two Hearted Ale and Sierra Nevada's Torpedo. Can't go wrong either way. Two of the best IPA's out there IMHO!
    You've got that right! It's 91 and muggy and I'm sipping on a Two Hearted right now, with the ribs and hot links smokin' away. Man, that beer sure tastes good. Two Brothers Hop Juice on deck for later in the afternoon. Enjoy!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet