Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking? - Spring 2012

Switching up between Sweetwater 420 and Full Sail Session Lager while slaving away working out in the pond, trying to get it finished. Both are proving to be very thirst quenching.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Virtuoso

We had some people over for brunch today and I served my brunch specialty, the Dirty Ho.

It's Hoegaarden spiked with raspberry lambic. This drink can definitely be made more top shelf with similarly styled beers, but it's a good alternative for mimosas. I've made plenty of non-beer drinkers happy, and if you feel that Lindeman's makes a disgustingly sweet lambic, I've also used Ommegang's Aphrodite to great effect.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Connoisseur

Homebrews today while brewing a rye pale ale. So much fun I'm brewing a second batch today, black saison.

Enthusiast

Just got some Avery The Maharaja and Brew Dog Tokio. Madness

Connoisseur

Picked up some Atwater bourbon barrel Porter this weekend. Atwater is in Detroit and they make some good beer. This is an excellent Porter. The carboard carrier that the bottles come in has directions to the brewery from various points in MI. The directions from Canada read: "swim".
    Craig

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cas View Post
    Picked up some Atwater bourbon barrel Porter this weekend. Atwater is in Detroit and they make some good beer. This is an excellent Porter. The carboard carrier that the bottles come in has directions to the brewery from various points in MI. The directions from Canada read: "swim".
    Craig
    That porter sounds mighty fine! We split a six pack of Three Floyds Gumballhead last night, along with some OWA while watching the Bruins game. May seek out some Baltic porter tonight which is always nice. There are some great ones from Estonia, Lithuania and Poland on the shelves around here, so a mixed six pack may be in order.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Hitachino Nest White Ale. A very interesting, very unique, and very good beer out of Japan. I pick up a lot of ginger which is something I've previously never gotten from a beer. If only it wasn't nearly $5 for a 12 oz bottle here in NC!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    That porter sounds mighty fine! We split a six pack of Three Floyds Gumballhead last night, along with some OWA while watching the Bruins game. May seek out some Baltic porter tonight which is always nice. There are some great ones from Estonia, Lithuania and Poland on the shelves around here, so a mixed six pack may be in order.
    Zywiec makes a great Baltic porter, IMO. When the bottle has been cared for and not exposed to too much harsh treatment, I think it's world class.

Advanced Taster

Oskar Blues - Deviant Dales, been enjoying this one lately. Great IPA, probably the best IPA out of Colorado at the moment.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bad_scientist View Post
    Zywiec makes a great Baltic porter, IMO. When the bottle has been cared for and not exposed to too much harsh treatment, I think it's world class.
    That's true, for sure. We have a huge Polish community here in Chicago, so many fine Polish beers are available to us and Zywiec Porter is a stand-out, though last night we had Okocim Porter on hand and Okocim O.K. Pale Lager for those who don't like the dark stuff.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet