Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Guru

Re: Tequila Forum

My Fortaleza Blanco still beckons but I haven't found time to crack it open, as the last week has been devoted to bourbon and single malts. Corrido Anejo also sits in the cabinet unopened but not for long!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by fussychicken View Post
    Many thanks Max Power for joining the forums and dropping some serious agave knowledge. While I'm a huge Mezcal fan and occasionally check up on the blue agave forums, I've shied away from Tequilia as I normally find it bland. However, you have inspired me to give Tequlia another shot. Picked up a few things from K&L recently.

Clase Azul Reposado
    ArteNOM Seleccion 1079 Blanco
    ArteNOM Seleccion 1414 Reposado
    IXA Blanco
    Fortaleza Blanco
    Cielo Rojo Bacanora Blanco

I have to admit that I couldn't resist the grandeur of the Clase Azul bottle, so I popped that one first and had a sample last week. Man, I hate to say it, but I didn't like it. Talk about a sugar bomb. Too sweet for me. I'm looking forward to trying the others though!
    Yes, the Clase Azul is very sweet. It's one of those that you really love or don't like at all. The blanco is the same way...almost like candy. I really like it, but I can 100% understand why someone wouldn't if they don't love the really sweet/caramel tequilas.

I've never had Cielo Rojo or IXA. The ArteNOM tequilas are really good. Fortaleza blanco is one of the best out there.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Guru

Just noticed that Dos Lunas Anejo is no longer being sold by Hi Time. Bummer!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Just noticed that Dos Lunas Anejo is no longer being sold by Hi Time. Bummer!
    Dos Lunas as a brand is no longer, which is why some places have it on clearance and others have the price jacked up high. I'm glad that I have some extra.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Dos Lunas as a brand is no longer, which is why some places have it on clearance and others have the price jacked up high. I'm glad that I have some extra.
    Wait, Dos Lunas is gone? I know where some is. Should I buy up some Reposado or Anejo??

Guru

Yikes! Wish I had known that before we pounded down so much of the DL Anejo bottle. I just figured I'd buy another to replace it, so made no effort to stretch the bottle. Now I'm down to a quarter left and will have to do a quick on-line hunt.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Wait, Dos Lunas is gone? I know where some is. Should I buy up some Reposado or Anejo??
    http://www.tequila.net/forum/general...equilas-2.html

I'd buy it if you can. There's places under $35 online. I'll post links if I can remember them and find them.

Hi Time still has the repo for $22 and blanco for $15. The blanco is a little thin, but is an amazing mixer for $15. I need to taste the repo tonight to remind myself. As I recall the anejo was the best.
    Last edited by Max Power; 06-06-2012 at 13:08.

Guru

http://www.tequila.net/forum/general...equilas-2.html

I'd buy it if you can. There's places under $35 online. I'll post links if I can remember them and find them.

Hi Time still has the repo for $22 and blanco for $15. The blanco is a little thin, but is an amazing mixer for $15. I need to taste the repo tonight to remind myself. As I recall the anejo was the best.
    I paid $28 for the Dos Lunas Anejo which was a great deal. I think I'll grab the reposado at $22 while I still can.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    I paid $28 for the Dos Lunas Anejo which was a great deal. I think I'll grab the reposado at $22 while I still can.
    Total Beverage still has the anejo for $38. Every other place I've seen has it for over $50 or is sold out. I can't say it's a must have value at $50+.

https://www.totalbeverage.net/index....item?id=360335

Connoisseur

I just had the Dos Lunas reposado. It's different than the anejo in flavvor profile, but is a definite sipper. Not as much caramel, but more dark chocolate. It's almost like a dessert by itself...like a rich caramel chocolate frosting with nice oak notes along with it. It still tastes like tequila, but has rich complimentary flavors. I might have to bunker a bottle myself at $22.