Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 33 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Connoisseur

Re: Tequila Forum

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    My wife went nuts on the stuff after tasting some at a party recently. Guess that gives me license to go out and drop the $75 to pick up a bottle, right?
    It's completely a gift for her. I'm sure she'll appreciate it.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Virtuoso

Stopped at the store after work to get another bottle of El Jimador Anejo. I figured for $17.00, I might as well try the Blanco, too. Not bad. Kind of a citrus note with a nice pepper finish. I'll keep this around for as little as it costs.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Stopped at the store after work to get another bottle of El Jimador Anejo. I figured for $17.00, I might as well try the Blanco, too. Not bad. Kind of a citrus note with a nice pepper finish. I'll keep this around for as little as it costs.
    I need to go pick up a bottle of El jimador Blanco too. The anejo is really good for the price. Locally I can get the blanco for $13, which is a steal.

I has some Aha Toro anejo last night. It has a little more oak than I remember, but it's still pretty darn sweet. Definitely a winner for those who like the really sweet anejos.

Guru

Haven't had the EJ blanco myself but the reposado and anejo are regulars in the cabinet now. We've found that they are both excellent straight up and yet cheap enough that you don't mind using them as mixers, as they work very well in margaritas without sacrificing the super premium bottles in the cabinet when we want a nice cocktail.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

I'm having a pour of Siete Leguas Blanco tonight. I like it a lot, probably my favorite tequila (although admittedly I have a lot more to try!) Great earthy flavors and somewhat more smokey/peppery than others I've had.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    I'm having a pour of Siete Leguas Blanco tonight. I like it a lot, probably my favorite tequila (although admittedly I have a lot more to try!) Great earthy flavors and somewhat more smokey/peppery than others I've had.
    The entire Siete Leguas line is fantastic, in my book. Be sure to check out their reposado when you get the chance. Enjoy!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    One of my favorites and why I have a dozen bottles of it in bunker. Of course it helps that I bought most of them for $19.99; this particular store has now raised price to $24.99, but still way less than most.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by wadewood View Post
    One of my favorites and why I have a dozen bottles of it in bunker. Of course it helps that I bought most of them for $19.99; this particular store has now raised price to $24.99, but still way less than most.
    That's unreal cheap. I'd be buying a dozen too at that price. All 3 are really good. The blanco is maybe the most minty/grassy blanco I've tasted in a while. It's really interesting and tasty. The agave pepper punch is strong in the whole line. It's a very traditional tequila.

Disciple

What else do you recommend along the same lines as Siete Leguas?

Novice

At a friends house last night and he had a Don Julio 1942 that he let me try. Tall slender bottle. I tought it was a very good tequila...smooth with floral and vanilla notes with a nice nutty, wet finish. I have never seen this offering from Don Julio. Can anyone give some history on this tequila?