Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 40 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Connoisseur

Re: Tequila Forum

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    I've had 'real' Tequila, in Mexico over 40 years ago and the best thing I can say was it made me appreciate good Bourbon all the more.
    Your deep insight into all things that are not bourbon is always appreciated.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    My next door neighbor brought me back a bottle of Los Azulejos Anejo in a cool decanter. Everything is written in Spanish. ANyone know anything about this?
    I've had Los Azulejos Repo and Anejo and it always has a sour/medicinal sort of taste that I don't particularly love. The bottles look pretty awesome though.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    K&L Spirits Blog in rant mode again, this time on tequila's degeneration to corporate slop:
    http://spiritsjournal.klwines.com/kl...uila-woes.html

Since he is trashing his own dwindling or OOS inventory (Clase Azul & Casamigos), I think this is the lead in to him introducing K&L's new line of barrel selected exclusive tequila's & mezcal. Maybe I'm too young to remember how tasty and "real" tequila used to be. Or is this just more Driscoll dreck? I like how he conjures the image of the dejected Mexican tequila lover shuffling off to the mezcal bars to reminisce about the days when tequila was TEQUILA.
    He probably carries a bunch of stuff from 1416, 1472 and other massive contract distilleries. El Tesoro, 7 Leguas, Fortaleza, Casa Noble (not my favorite) and other small brands still carry plenty of tequilas that have a ton of agave. Don Pilar is a small brand that does it the right way as well. There's plenty out there, but you have to get through 140 distilleries and 1600+ brands/expressions to find it.

Virtuoso

Picked up a bottle of Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado today. I know this isn't going to be as good as Don Julio Reposado. I just hope it will be decent.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Picked up a bottle of Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado today. I know this isn't going to be as good as Don Julio Reposado. I just hope it will be decent.
    I am big fan of the JC Tradicional line, especially the reposado. Great buy for the money.
    -SOB-

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by sob0728 View Post
    I am big fan of the JC Tradicional line, especially the reposado. Great buy for the money.
    It's not bad stuff at all! For $20 and change I really like it, especially chilled. Again, it's not Don Julio. But it will do for when I can't spend $45 on a single bottle of tequila (the majority of the time).

Enthusiast

My son-in-law forced me to try Don Julio 1942 ... I had it neat ... the only Tequila I've ever enjoyed ... glad he twisted my arm.
    Sto lat!!!

bllygthrd

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    It's not bad stuff at all! For $20 and change I really like it, especially chilled. Again, it's not Don Julio. But it will do for when I can't spend $45 on a single bottle of tequila (the majority of the time).
    It's solid stuff for the $20 price tag. Not the best, not the worst. It works really well in a paloma and the repo is better than the blanco. The aging mellows it out a bit.

blly - And Don Julio 1942 is definitely good stuff. If you liked that, there's a world of aged tequilas out there for you for around half the price that will knock your socks off.

Guru

Tequila Forum

In Cozumel right now but can't make it over to the mainland :-(

Selection by the pier is Ho-Hum... There's some 375ml Aha Toro bottles I might snag though.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

I know, right! I figured I would be spoiled for choice when I went to Cozumel, but I just bought a Clase Azul to give as a souvenir gift.

Pick me up a Talisker 57 North from DuFry, will you? I totally forgot to buy one when I was there.