Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Connoisseur

Re: Tequila Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Sipping on some Centinela 3yr Anejo while the family puts up Christmas decorations.

What did you think. I brought a couple of sample bottles of Suerte Añejo and Don Nacho to Vegas with me. Don Nacho is another really good value at $25. And who doesn't love the same Don Nacho...?
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    What did you think. I brought a couple of sample bottles of Suerte Añejo and Don Nacho to Vegas with me. Don Nacho is another really good value at $25. And who doesn't love the same Don Nacho...?
    It's got some characteristics I enjoy similar to Corrido Anejo or Don Pilar Anejo - some of the sweetness and oak/vanilla notes complement the agave well. Then there's something more I can't put my finger on... some grassiness & a little pepper? I need more time with this but overall, I think I quite like it.

Probably one of my favorites out of my stash of samples so far.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

It's got some characteristics I enjoy similar to Corrido Anejo or Don Pilar Anejo - some of the sweetness and oak/vanilla notes complement the agave well. Then there's something more I can't put my finger on... some grassiness & a little pepper? I need more time with this but overall, I think I quite like it.

Probably one of my favorites out of my stash of samples so far.
    There's a fruity aspect to Suerte (my bottle) that are very nice. Unfortunately, I had it out of a different bottle and it was totally different. I hope consistency isn't an issue. Neither were bad, but at $60+ a bottle, I want to know what I'm getting.

Guru

Tried the Suerte Anejo and it was saltier than I thought it'd be - will need to revisit this one again soon.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

Tried the Suerte Anejo and it was saltier than I thought it'd be - will need to revisit this one again soon.
    Oh...so you were talking about the Don Nacho? I love that stuff and it's only $25. It's not that easy to find, but it's a great value pour for tequila.

Enthusiast

Have a bottle of Ambhar Anejo I got from a friend in Texas. I don't know much about it but I do like it. Do any of you have any thoughts on it?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by gooneygoogoo View Post
    Have a bottle of Ambhar Anejo I got from a friend in Texas. I don't know much about it but I do like it. Do any of you have any thoughts on it?
    It's one of the most bourbon tasting tequilas that I've ever had. It tastes good, but it doesn't taste like tequila. It's been distilled 5 times, so most of the agave flavor has been removed by that process. With that said, I also think that it's probably overpriced by $10-15.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    It's one of the most bourbon tasting tequilas that I've ever had. It tastes good, but it doesn't taste like tequila. It's been distilled 5 times, so most of the agave flavor has been removed by that process. With that said, I also think that it's probably overpriced by $10-15.
    Thanks for the thoughts, I'll give it a try soon

Connoisseur

I'm down in Cabo. Picked up a bottle of Pura Vida that we're drinking here and a 7 leguas añejo the other night.
    Got some other stuff but the name escapes me now.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoys View Post
    I'm down in Cabo. Picked up a bottle of Pura Vida that we're drinking here and a 7 leguas añejo the other night.
    Got some other stuff but the name escapes me now.
    I thought that Pura Vida was probably a US only release. It's part owned by Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top). The distillery (1414) is the best in the business. You've made two wise choices. Salud!