Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Connoisseur

Re: Tequila Forum

Enjoyed some Dos Lunas Anejo during the Super Bowl. Sad I found out I liked it so much after it is gone. Would love to find some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    Enjoyed some Dos Lunas Anejo during the Super Bowl. Sad I found out I liked it so much after it is gone. Would love to find some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that someone picked up the brand. I still see it advertised. I'm not sure if it is the same as I've never had the recent stuff, but there's a chance that you might be able to get it...however, it will not be at the same prices that it was one the close outs.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Enthusiast

Question for the tequila group: have you guys had different batches of Fortaleza blanco and anejo? What were your experiences with those batches? Any of the them stellar and must buys?

I've heard that as far as the blanco, the 4 (dubbed "liquid meth") 14 and 16 are really good. Not too sure about the anejo and variance in those batches.
    Justin

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
    Question for the tequila group: have you guys had different batches of Fortaleza blanco and anejo? What were your experiences with those batches? Any of the them stellar and must buys?

I've heard that as far as the blanco, the 4 (dubbed "liquid meth") 14 and 16 are really good. Not too sure about the anejo and variance in those batches.
    I picked up the Lot 16 blanco after hearing that it was stellar and it is certainly a cut above. One thing to note is that does not mean that the Lot 16 repo and añejo come from that base. I actually have no idea what lots would do that. They might not even be released yet. As for the aged versions, it seems that the older lots of the añejo are likely better as they spent more time aging. Because of demand, they shortened the time in the barrel for some recent lots and the quality wasn't up to the early standard. For the repo, I've only had one lot so I can't really say from personal experience.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I picked up the Lot 16 blanco after hearing that it was stellar and it is certainly a cut above. One thing to note is that does not mean that the Lot 16 repo and añejo come from that base. I actually have no idea what lots would do that. They might not even be released yet. As for the aged versions, it seems that the older lots of the añejo are likely better as they spent more time aging. Because of demand, they shortened the time in the barrel for some recent lots and the quality wasn't up to the early standard. For the repo, I've only had one lot so I can't really say from personal experience.
    I've read that Lot 14 of the anejo is the cutoff for really good vs. thinner juice. I was wondering if anyone here has had a chance to do a side-by-side with some. I've got some bottles to kill but I plan on opening a lot 12 anejo in the coming months. Obviously I'll report back.
    Justin

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
    I've read that Lot 14 of the anejo is the cutoff for really good vs. thinner juice. I was wondering if anyone here has had a chance to do a side-by-side with some. I've got some bottles to kill but I plan on opening a lot 12 anejo in the coming months. Obviously I'll report back.
    I have 2 añejos. I think a lot 12 and an 18 right now. I know that they planned on getting back to the older age, but not sure if they did or if/when it happened.

Guru

Picked up a bottle of the older style Centinela Reposado while foraging in the Nashville area. it was the only one I saw.
    Centinela reposado.JPG
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Picked up a bottle of the older style Centinela Reposado while foraging in the Nashville area. it was the only one I saw.
    Centinela reposado.JPG
    Nice find. It will serve you well. Tonight, I made palomas for Mrs. Power and me with a vatted mix of reposados from my tasting a couple of weeks ago. It turned out to be a good choice. Elements of all of the tequilas thrown into the mix.

Connoisseur

Tasting and reviewing the K&L Campeón Blanco tonight. If you live near a K&L or are getting a shipment from them, pick up this tequila. It's a pure and clean agave flavor for $30. Maybe not as good a mouth feel as Fortaleza, but it's damn close and is 2/3 of the price. This is one of the best blanco deals I've found in a while. Cheap enough to mix, but after sipping it you might not want to.

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1139404

Virtuoso

Guys, is Jose Cuervo Platino Reserva de la Familia worth buying at under $45?