Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 76 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Connoisseur

Re: Tequila Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    5year from the phallic bottle
    I ended up selling that bottle at the Tourist drain the bar party. I'm 50/50 on whether they were interested in the tequila or not.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Guru

Still nursing bottles of Dos Lunas Anejo and Corrido Anejo to make them last as long as possible, but I pulled both out and had decent pours of each while cranking some Neil Young & Crazy Horse last night. I sure will be bummed when these two bottles are gone. El Tesoro Reposado (old label/bottle courtesy of Brother Luther's tip) on deck for tonight.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Still nursing bottles of Dos Lunas Anejo and Corrido Anejo to make them last as long as possible, but I pulled both out and had decent pours of each while cranking some Neil Young & Crazy Horse last night. I sure will be bummed when these two bottles are gone. El Tesoro Reposado (old label/bottle courtesy of Brother Luther's tip) on deck for tonight.
    I did some blind reviewing last night. Unfortunately none of the 3 were particularly wonderful. I then dipped into some Agave Dos Mil, which is a nice value from NOM 1079. I enjoyed it more than I remembered, but looked back at my review and saw that I enjoyed it the first time too.

Connoisseur

did some reviews tonight on Vida Añejo and Herradura Double Barrel Reposado. Very much enjoyed them both.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    did some reviews tonight on Vida Añejo and Herradura Double Barrel Reposado. Very much enjoyed them both.
    So does this Herradura get run through the diffuser or do you think it is it produced differently? I keep reading how B-F doesn't use the diffuser on Herradura and limits it to the Pepe Lopez mixto line but it seems a question mark at best.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    So does this Herradura get run through the diffuser or do you think it is it produced differently? I keep reading how B-F doesn't use the diffuser on Herradura and limits it to the Pepe Lopez mixto line but it seems a question mark at best.
    Without any actual proof, I can't say for sure. I've had standard Herradura that I'm absolutely convinced is diffuser juice. This did not seem to have the medicinal aspects that diffuser tequila seems to have. I know that Herradura doesn't use diffuser on the premium offerings and I suspect this is the same. NOM 1437 Don Roberto also has both on site. I've had some things from there that have been wonderful and others that have been clear diffuser juice. All I know if that I'm not generally a huge fan of Herradura because of the inconsistency, but this one was pretty solid. Vida was the better of the two, but they were hard to compare because the profiles were completely different.

Advanced Taster

Definitely not a show stopper, but I've been enjoying the heck out of some Camarena Reposado lately. For ~$20 it's a good sipping tequila IMO, and I generally don't like spirits that aren't brown.

Eric

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by emr454 View Post
    Definitely not a show stopper, but I've been enjoying the heck out of some Camarena Reposado lately. For ~$20 it's a good sipping tequila IMO, and I generally don't like spirits that aren't brown.

Eric
    Solid value out of that brand. I've had my share of it too.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Solid value out of that brand. I've had my share of it too.
    It goes for $15 here quite often. I've pretty much always got a bottle in the cabinet. It's an "off profile" tequila to be sure - but I really enjoy it.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by timd View Post
    It goes for $15 here quite often. I've pretty much always got a bottle in the cabinet. It's an "off profile" tequila to be sure - but I really enjoy it.
    Good distillery overall. NOM 1456 makes a good bunch of tequilas that well out perform their price. Camarena reposado might have a bit much vanilla for me as a mixer, but as a value sipper it's solid. The blanco works as a great budget mixer.