Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 14 of 91 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Guru

Re: Tequila Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Ok, I just got home with a bottle of Don Julio Reposado, Espolon Repesado and Herradura Anejo.

I've decided that, although I like Blanco Tequilas, I prefer the Repesados, so far. I haven't tried an Anejo, yet. I'm hoping I like those, too.
    Aha! ebo jumps in with both feet! I suspect you'll love the anejos, and I think Herradura's is a good one. In about forty-five minutes my neighbors are kicking off their Cinco de Mayo party and I'm psyched because the food is always fabulous. They've got three generations of their family cooking up a storm and I'm just about to walk in to gastronomic paradise. Since I can't bring anything food-wise that is terribly authentic, I'm dropping by the party with a case of Victoria beer and bottles of El Tesoro Platinum and Gran Centenario Reposado. That ought to hold 'em!
    Last edited by unclebunk; 05-05-2012 at 12:16.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Advanced Taster

I've got Espolon Repo, but I think I will also pick up another tequila for tonight, maybe El Jimador Anejo.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Ok, I just got home with a bottle of Don Julio Reposado, Espolon Repesado and Herradura Anejo.

I've decided that, although I like Blanco Tequilas, I prefer the Repesados, so far. I haven't tried an Anejo, yet. I'm hoping I like those, too.
    How did you try the Don Julio Reposado? What did you think of it?

Connoisseur

Got a bottle of Clase Azul Reposado and immediately came home and made a margarita: 2 oz tequila, 2 oz. Agavero orange liqueur, 2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice, 1 oz sugar syrup. Wife approved; could probably up the tequila to 3 oz for a "stiffer" drink. chips and guac, too.

thanks, Max!!

watching the Derby
    also got this from the bourbon aisle
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Connoisseur

Cool bottle. What's the price range on that?

Also...what is Gawd's name is that blurry green picture? O___O It scares my pancreas!
    |-o-| [-o-] |-o-| "I'm on the leader"

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Bmac View Post

Also...what is Gawd's name is that blurry green picture? O___O It scares my pancreas!
    $99

guac on a blue corn chip--a "little" out of focus, I'll admit
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoys View Post
    ...guac on a blue corn chip--a "little" out of focus, I'll admit
    Well I'll be damned. My guess was a funky looking green-headed chicken. My brother though said it looked more like my mother-in-law's profile. Come to think of it, he may have a point...
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Bmac View Post

You can find Clase Azul online for around $80. It's a fantastic bottle. That's a pricey margarita you're making, but I'm sure it's awesome.

I'm interested to hear what people think of the Don Julio Repo. It's one of my favorites. A great balance of what repo should be.

Espolon is great for the money as well.

I've only hadd Herraddura anejo once an I remember it being pretty good...best of the Herradura line. A bit syrupy, but good flavor.

I'm about to get the kids to bed and start celebrating Cinco de Mayo properly.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Connoisseur

Max Power's Margarita Recipe: (makes a few)

8 oz fresh lime juice
    8 oz tequila (I'd list a specific one, but there's too many and depends on mood)
    2 oz Grand Marnier
    1 oz Cointreau
    2 oz Agave Nectar

Shake it up, serve on the rocks...enjoy. It make about 20 ounces, so you get 4 decent ones out of it. Or one really awesome one.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Advanced Taster

Anybody have an opinion on the Jose Cuervo Anejo that looks like this bottle? I passed on one the other day. I know they don't make it anymore. Is it tasty enough to buy?