Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by luther.r View Post
    TPS just came out with the first (to my knowledge) barrel proof tequila. I'm planning on ordering some.

You can read more here.
    I saw it today at the store, at 7:50am to be exact. I will get some today but was focused on the ORVW 10/107 I had picked up. Looks to be a nice tequila. They have a single barrel selection of case noble Anejo and blanco as well.

For those thy may think I have a problem being at TPS at 7 am. They had their van winkle release this morning. Some how they had the VWFR rye available. I was two back in line when the guy grabbed the last one.

Connoisseur

Re: Tequila Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    I saw it today at the store, at 7:50am to be exact. I will get some today but was focused on the ORVW 10/107 I had picked up. Looks to be a nice tequila. They have a single barrel selection of case noble Anejo and blanco as well.

For those thy may think I have a problem being at TPS at 7 am. They had their van winkle release this morning. Some how they had the VWFR rye available. I was two back in line when the guy grabbed the last one.
    Tequila Ocho is a good tequila, but is very overpriced. For $75+, I'll wait to try this one. The last two Ochos that I had weren't worth the price for certain.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Virtuoso

My brother gave me a bottle of 1800 reposado. After reading many negative reviews on it, I have to say, I kinda like it.

I think the nose is the best attribute..... butter rum life savers/butterscotch.

The palate isn't great, but I don't find it to be all that bad; it's quite drinkable, IMO.

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    My brother gave me a bottle of 1800 reposado. After reading many negative reviews on it, I have to say, I kinda like it.

I think the nose is the best attribute..... butter rum life savers/butterscotch.

The palate isn't great, but I don't find it to be all that bad; it's quite drinkable, IMO.
    I don't mid the 1800 products. Mostly use the for margaritas but I think they are serviceable neat as well. I don't have much background with Tequila but I kid of like the 1800 as well.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post

Everyone likes what they like. It's one of my least favorite only because of the strong astringent alcohol taste. It just kills any agave or aging flavor to me. But there's plenty of stuff that I really like that other people wouldn't.

Connoisseur

Gonna need another bottle of Clase Azul soon. My wife likes it in a marg and I gave 3 oz to a friend.
    Last night I made a big guava marg for me and a small mango marg for my wife. pureed fresh fruit for both. they were ok, but kind of like a "lemontini" being a martini--NOT. It's like a fruity drink with tequila. Will probably be going back to traditional marg recipe.

also got mini bottle of Kah blanco--love skulls

"A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Virtuoso

Do any of y'all like sangrita with your tequila? Back when I used to drink tequila, I got pretty good at making sangrita.

Guru

The on-line order has been placed: Fortaleza Blanco, Muchote Reposado, Corrido Anejo and Dos Lunas Anejo. Can't wait for them to arrive. Last night, after the Rangers-Devils game, we sat outside and enjoyed a few bottles of Bohemia and several pours of El Jimador Reposado (light and refreshing) and Sauza Hornitos (crisp and clean). Nothing fancy but a great night just the same!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    The on-line order has been placed: Fortaleza Blanco, Muchote Reposado, Corrido Anejo and Dos Lunas Anejo. Can't wait for them to arrive. Last night, after the Rangers-Devils game, we sat outside and enjoyed a few bottles of Bohemia and several pours of El Jimador Reposado (light and refreshing) and Sauza Hornitos (crisp and clean). Nothing fancy but a great night just the same!
    That's a damn near perfect tequila order. Enjoy.

Connoisseur

I'm exploring new ones tonight and have found some very interesting tequilas.

Paqui is a nice lowland blanco with a lot of character, but a less than great finish.

Alma Reposado has a ton of character and everything you would want out of a reposado. Great flavor mix and an awesome repo finish. I've had the bottle for years and have neglected it...Not Anymore!