Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 22 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Guru

Re: Tequila Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Moving on to another value tequila...

This stuff was awesome. The finish was one of the best I've ever had for a blanco. Considering it's around $20, this is a must buy. Good stuff.
    I'm on it! But last night was Dos Lunas Anejo. Three of my four friends absolutely loved it but one found it tasty though not entirely to his liking because of the pronounced bourbon influence which he felt deviated too far from the profile of "traditional" tequila in that the agave flavor/aroma tended to get lost in the whiskey. I just told him to shut the f*%k up and keep drinking, which he dutifully did. Still, the Fortaleza beckons. Perhaps today...
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    I like the Reposado. I need to try this one.
    For the $50 price range, this was an excellent extra anejo. Like I said, I've never loved the Cazadores line because of a bit of a pronounced alcohol smell and taste. This stuff was the cat's pajamas.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Connoisseur

Well, unclebunk??? I'm anxious to know what you tried and what you thought.

I've always liked the Dos Lunas line. The triple distillation makes it a bit more smooth which some like and some don't. Regardless, the flavors of all varieties are really good. The blanco is probably more of a mixer or a really light summer like drink.

Enthusiast

Moving on to another value tequila...

This stuff was awesome. The finish was one of the best I've ever had for a blanco. Considering it's around $20, this is a must buy. Good stuff.

Wow, that's completely different from my experience with 30-30. I've bought it a couple times as a margarita mixer, but didn't find it to be sippable.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by luther.r View Post
    Wow, that's completely different from my experience with 30-30. I've bought it a couple times as a margarita mixer, but didn't find it to be sippable.
    I thought it was pretty good, but my palate might have been compromised some given it was my 6th brand of the night. I'll have to revisit. I know that the flavors that I tasted in the previous one (El Ultimo) were pretty similar to when I did it again tonight.

I really thought it was a good, basic blanco that was very drinkable straight. But everyone tastes something a little different...that's what makes it fun.

Enthusiast

I thought it was pretty good, but my palate might have been compromised some given it was my 6th brand of the night. I'll have to revisit. I know that the flavors that I tasted in the previous one (El Ultimo) were pretty similar to when I did it again tonight.

I really thought it was a good, basic blanco that was very drinkable straight. But everyone tastes something a little different...that's what makes it fun.
    Indeed...different strokes. It's also possible that it's changed/improved since the last time I tried it, which was at least 3 years ago.

Connoisseur

It's Friday. Who's enjoying some agave juice tonight? What kind? I might be taking the in laws through a journey of some kind. We shall see...

Connoisseur

It's Friday. Who's enjoying some agave juice tonight? What kind? I might be taking the in laws through a journey of some kind. We shall see...
    I paid too much for a 1800 Aņejo while at the beach. Tried sipping it, but compared to some of the others I've tried recently, this tastes like swill. Chalked it up to a rookie mistake, but it made a fine margarita.

Redeemed myself with the Kah Aņejo. Delicious.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    I paid too much for a 1800 Aņejo while at the beach. Tried sipping it, but compared to some of the others I've tried recently, this tastes like swill. Chalked it up to a rookie mistake, but it made a fine margarita.

Redeemed myself with the Kah Aņejo. Delicious.
    1800 is possibly my least favorite 100% agave brand. KAH Anejo is good choice.

Advanced Taster

Many thanks Max Power for joining the forums and dropping some serious agave knowledge. While I'm a huge Mezcal fan and occasionally check up on the blue agave forums, I've shied away from Tequilia as I normally find it bland. However, you have inspired me to give Tequlia another shot. Picked up a few things from K&L recently.

Clase Azul Reposado
    ArteNOM Seleccion 1079 Blanco
    ArteNOM Seleccion 1414 Reposado
    IXA Blanco
    Fortaleza Blanco
    Cielo Rojo Bacanora Blanco

I have to admit that I couldn't resist the grandeur of the Clase Azul bottle, so I popped that one first and had a sample last week. Man, I hate to say it, but I didn't like it. Talk about a sugar bomb. Too sweet for me. I'm looking forward to trying the others though!
    Steve
    "Rye whiskey, rye whiskey, rye whiskey I cry. If a tree don't fall on me, I'll live till I die" - Tex Ritter