Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 28 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Advanced Taster

Re: Tequila Forum

Picked up a bottle of Hacienda Vieja Reposado tonight. 100% Agave, $21.99, so far it's pretty good, very smooth and has a good amount of flavor for a $20 repo.

Guru

And yet another on-line order of Fortaleza Blanco (x2) and Muchote (x2). Can't beat those babies with an ice cold Bohemia on a hot summer evening!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    Picked up a bottle of Hacienda Vieja Reposado tonight. 100% Agave, $21.99, so far it's pretty good, very smooth and has a good amount of flavor for a $20 repo.
    I'd never had it before and saw it in a store here for $18. I bought it.

I also got my first shipment of free tequila from Uno Dos Tres. The Blanco is probably the weakest because it's a little thin and lacks the agave punch. It smells wonderful, but doesn't follow up with the great taste. It was good, not great. The reposado was the best. It kept the good aspects of the blanco, but a nice smooth and spicy finish too. The anejo is full of woody flavors and a rich caramel tone as well. It's fairly tasty and has no burn/sizzle at all. Overall the line is good. The blanco and anejo are probably a B-/B. The Reposado is a B+. Good stuff, but maybe not the best value in the $40-50 range.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I'd never had it before and saw it in a store here for $18. I bought it.

I also got my first shipment of free tequila from Uno Dos Tres. The Blanco is probably the weakest because it's a little thin and lacks the agave punch. It smells wonderful, but doesn't follow up with the great taste. It was good, not great. The reposado was the best. It kept the good aspects of the blanco, but a nice smooth and spicy finish too. The anejo is full of woody flavors and a rich caramel tone as well. It's fairly tasty and has no burn/sizzle at all. Overall the line is good. The blanco and anejo are probably a B-/B. The Reposado is a B+. Good stuff, but maybe not the best value in the $40-50 range.
    Let me know what you think of it, I am not a huge tequila drinker, just getting started. If good 100% agave's can be found in the $20-$30 range, color me in. I favor tequila in the summer months, it makes for a refreshing drink. I haven't revisited the Hacienda Vieja yet, but on initial taste I was satisfied, it's not the best tequila I've ever had, but it holds it's own, would be nice neat and would make a nice base for a few cocktails.

Connoisseur

Drinking and reviewing tonight. Pura Vida Blanco and Reposado. Also, Tequila 123 all ages. I might try some more from there, but 5 is generally my limit before my palate suffers. I very well may keep drinking, but the reviewing will be done. I'll recommend the entire Pura Vida line and also the Dos from Tequila 123. Pura Vida blanco has a nice smooth agave/vegetal/spice/mint thing going for it that is very unique. The aged ones build nicely on that base and add vanilla, cinnamon and oak. All very good.

Connoisseur

Tasting/Reviewing tonight again. It seems like Thursdays are the right nights for me to do that. So far:

Cava de Oro Blanco - B - A very nice entry level tequila without too much complexity. I'd call it a crowd pleaser because it's pretty smooth and none of the flavors would scare anyone off.
    3 Amigos Blanco - B- - It was fairly basic, but had a bit of alcohol on the nose and finish. The nice peppery blanco flavor was there, but it was just a bit harsh. Mellowed in a mixed drink and this will be good for under $20.
    Antiguo Blanco - B+ - I've never been a huge fan of Brown-Forman/Herradura tequilas, but this one was really quite good. For $20-25 a bottle, this was interesting from start to finish. An alomost wine/raspberry like nose and flavor in it. Interesting and delicious...combine that with cheap and Max Power is a happy man.

More to come...

Connoisseur
    I picked up a dos lunas anejo tonight. Will crack it open this weekend to check it out.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    I picked up a dos lunas anejo tonight. Will crack it open this weekend to check it out.
    Good stuff. I'm doing some reviewing and tasting tonight.

4 Copas Anejo - Superb and $35 at Mission (by far the cheapest)
    Fortaleza Blanco - I could drink this for hours and not get tired of it.

That's the start. I probably have 1 or 2 more reviews in me tonight.

Taster

I just got back from a wedding in Cabo and picked up a bottle of Trianon Anejo. I tasted about 10 different tequilas in the shop before I decided on that one. I am definately a novice tequila drinker and to me this one was smooth, enjoyable and flavorful. The tequila bug has bitten me.

Has anyone else tried any of the Trianon tequilas?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by clindt View Post
    I just got back from a wedding in Cabo and picked up a bottle of Trianon Anejo. I tasted about 10 different tequilas in the shop before I decided on that one. I am definately a novice tequila drinker and to me this one was smooth, enjoyable and flavorful. The tequila bug has bitten me.

Has anyone else tried any of the Trianon tequilas?
    I've never even heard of it...and that should tell you something. Congrats on a good find.