Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 30 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Connoisseur

Re: Tequila Forum

Had some new ones last night and some old favorites:

New - Pepe Zevada blanco & reposado. The blanco was spicy and wonderful. Subtle nuances that complimented the fresh agave flavors. The repo was good, but not as good as the blanco. I love repos, so I was slightly disappointed, but it's still a very good deal under $30. The blanco around $26-28 is a steal. I'd recommend checking it out if you like a big agave flavor.

Old - Don Pilar Anejo. Just a really rich and smooth flavor without losing the agave character. I need to go back to that one more often. Also Cavalino reposado. It's a $22 bottle, but is fruity, sweet and has that little bit of bite from agave that I love about reposados. For the price, it's a real gem.

My wife also got some sticky goop off of her computer cord using Tres Mujeres Reposado is place of rubbing alcohol and it worked well. That's about all I can see it being used for.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Connoisseur

Thursday night and I'm doing some reviewing...

Herradura Blanco
    Corralejo Blanco
    7 Leguas Blanco

I've had them all before, but never put pen to paper to write about them. It's a good little line up so far.

Connoisseur

July 24 was National Tequila Day. Did anyone else celebrate it properly. Tonight was just a nice sampling while watching the Twins and then White Collar:

T1 Blanco
    T1 Reposado
    Tequileno Reposado
    Tezon Reposado
    Azunia Anejo

Quality night.

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    July 24 was National Tequila Day. Did anyone else celebrate it properly. Tonight was just a nice sampling while watching the Twins and then White Collar:

T1 Blanco
    T1 Reposado
    Tequileno Reposado
    Tezon Reposado
    Azunia Anejo

Quality night.
    I enjoyed some Tequila Ocho 2008 Blanco and a Tres Agave Blanco. Along with these and some 10/107 I am running in slow gear this morning.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    I enjoyed some Tequila Ocho 2008 Blanco and a Tres Agave Blanco. Along with these and some 10/107 I am running in slow gear this morning.
    For under $30, I really like the Tres Agaves. I didn't care for the 2011 Los Mangos blanco of Tequila Ocho, but that doesn't mean that the 2008 isn't awesome.

I only do things in around a .5 ounce quantity so I'm at full speed. I got a new phone last night so I was focused on getting that set up instead of celebrating to the fullest.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

T1 Blanco
    T1 Reposado
    Tequileno Reposado
    Tezon Reposado
    Azunia Anejo

Quality night.
    Yes, sir!

We started with some Milagro Blanco, then went with Don Julio Blanco, El Jimador Repo, Cazadores Repo, and Don Julio Repo. We finished with El Jimador Anejo and Herradura Anejo. I honestly like the El Jimador Anejo better.... and it's cheaper.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Yes, sir!

We started with some Milagro Blanco, then went with Don Julio Blanco, El Jimador Repo, Cazadores Repo, and Don Julio Repo. We finished with El Jimador Anejo and Herradura Anejo. I honestly like the El Jimador Anejo better.... and it's cheaper.
    I've always said that I'm not a big fan of Herradura. I just did a review on it and some flavors are good, but overall it's mediocre because of the heat and the booze flavors. El Jimador Anejo is superb for the price. Don Julio Repo might be my favorite in that bunch.

Guru

My wife and I put a good knock on a bottle of Fortaleza Blanco after a fine Mexican dinner. That stuff truly is superb. I'm saving my pennies for their reposado which will be nice to try someday.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

I just tried the US Tapatio Blanco. It's worth the hype. The stuff is great.

Connoisseur

One of the highlights of my trip to Tales of the cocktail was a tasting of 9 different Del Mageuy Mezcals. I had previously tried and purchased Tobala, but now my wallet is going to take a beating since in addition to wanting to buy the Pechuga, I'm thinking about picking up 2-3 other of their bottlings.