Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Enthusiast

Re: Tequila Forum

Yeah, a local bevmo has them on sale and another has some but not on sale. Another local shop had some 3anos and still had a liter of the repo last I saw.

Also looking at Dos Manos anejo at $27. Might wait for it to go on sale before I grab one.

As for the sample thing, pretty sure it's against terms, we'll see. You might just want to pm some people or just post something like "post here or pm me if you're interested in sampling some of my expansive tequilas" and then work any details out privately.
    Definitely drink it...tonight -Sutton

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RVTsteve View Post
    Yeah, a local bevmo has them on sale and another has some but not on sale. Another local shop had some 3anos and still had a liter of the repo last I saw.

Also looking at Dos Manos anejo at $27. Might wait for it to go on sale before I grab one.

As for the sample thing, pretty sure it's against terms, we'll see. You might just want to pm some people or just post something like "post here or pm me if you're interested in sampling some of my expansive tequilas" and then work any details out privately.
    Go ahead and save your money on the Dos Manos. It's fine, but nothing to write home about. Pretty standard stock from that distillery.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Enthusiast

Thanks for the heads up on the dos Manos. I liked the color and the 2yrs in barrel statement. But it's always good to get an insider pov.

Connoisseur

Thanks for the heads up on the dos Manos. I liked the color and the 2yrs in barrel statement. But it's always good to get an insider pov.
    Dos Manos is the main stock brand from NOM 1472. If that distillery seems familiar, it's because it is the one that produces the Costco brand. While I'm fine with the Costco Aņejo for $19 for a liter, I wouldn't recommend paying $28 for a 750ml of what is pretty much the same juice.

Enthusiast

Yeah I have a bottle of the costco. Pretty good deal.

Saw the tres Manos recently too for $73. Haven't researched it yet. Thoughts?

Connoisseur

Yeah I have a bottle of the costco. Pretty good deal.

Saw the tres Manos recently too for $73. Haven't researched it yet. Thoughts?
    Unique item. Still out of 1472, but it is done in French oak which gives it a sweet quality. It can technically qualify as an XA, but I think it goes as a 3 year aņejo. I would say that it's a very fair value and has a nice overall flavor. If I recall the bottle is 1L instead of 750, right?

Connoisseur

You were right about this as well. Anyway, if people want to sample from my collection of 400+ tequilas, PM me or reply.

Virtuoso

Was looking for some FRSmBLE (no luck) - wandered a bit and came across a Siete Leguas Anejo - picked it up since I thought I remembered some positive reviews on it. Might give it a spin tonight while manning the front door for the ghosts and goblins...
    Mark

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by sutton View Post
    Was looking for some FRSmBLE (no luck) - wandered a bit and came across a Siete Leguas Anejo - picked it up since I thought I remembered some positive reviews on it. Might give it a spin tonight while manning the front door for the ghosts and goblins...
    That's a nice choice. How did you like it?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    That's a nice choice. How did you like it?
    For the first pours, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think I might like it a bit more than the Don Julio Anejo, and I like that quite a bit. This seemed a bit more complex - it was initially sweet, with the typical agave/vanilla flavor, but what I was surprised to find was something like a roasted hazelnut note hiding in there on the mid-palate to the peppery finish that was really nice. The color was light like the Don Julio, so the barrel influence seemed to nicely complement without masking over too much of the agave.

Whenever I try something new, I do have a tendency to be overly positive simply because I like the differences over what I've got open. I need to spend more time with it and do a side-by-side with the Don Julio to give it a fair shake, but this one, at least so far, is a winner!
    Mark