Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 907

Thread: Tequila Forum

  1. #561
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    361

    Re: Tequila Forum

    Yeah, a local bevmo has them on sale and another has some but not on sale. Another local shop had some 3anos and still had a liter of the repo last I saw.

    Also looking at Dos Manos anejo at $27. Might wait for it to go on sale before I grab one.

    As for the sample thing, pretty sure it's against terms, we'll see. You might just want to pm some people or just post something like "post here or pm me if you're interested in sampling some of my expansive tequilas" and then work any details out privately.
    Definitely drink it...tonight -Sutton

  2. #562
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    875

    Re: Tequila Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by RVTsteve View Post
    Yeah, a local bevmo has them on sale and another has some but not on sale. Another local shop had some 3anos and still had a liter of the repo last I saw.

    Also looking at Dos Manos anejo at $27. Might wait for it to go on sale before I grab one.

    As for the sample thing, pretty sure it's against terms, we'll see. You might just want to pm some people or just post something like "post here or pm me if you're interested in sampling some of my expansive tequilas" and then work any details out privately.
    Go ahead and save your money on the Dos Manos. It's fine, but nothing to write home about. Pretty standard stock from that distillery.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

    There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

  3. #563
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    361

    Re: Tequila Forum

    Thanks for the heads up on the dos Manos. I liked the color and the 2yrs in barrel statement. But it's always good to get an insider pov.
    Definitely drink it...tonight -Sutton

  4. #564
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    875

    Re: Tequila Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by RVTsteve View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the dos Manos. I liked the color and the 2yrs in barrel statement. But it's always good to get an insider pov.
    Dos Manos is the main stock brand from NOM 1472. If that distillery seems familiar, it's because it is the one that produces the Costco brand. While I'm fine with the Costco Aņejo for $19 for a liter, I wouldn't recommend paying $28 for a 750ml of what is pretty much the same juice.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

    There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

  5. #565
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    361

    Re: Tequila Forum

    Yeah I have a bottle of the costco. Pretty good deal.

    Saw the tres Manos recently too for $73. Haven't researched it yet. Thoughts?
    Definitely drink it...tonight -Sutton

  6. #566
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    875

    Re: Tequila Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by RVTsteve View Post
    Yeah I have a bottle of the costco. Pretty good deal.

    Saw the tres Manos recently too for $73. Haven't researched it yet. Thoughts?
    Unique item. Still out of 1472, but it is done in French oak which gives it a sweet quality. It can technically qualify as an XA, but I think it goes as a 3 year aņejo. I would say that it's a very fair value and has a nice overall flavor. If I recall the bottle is 1L instead of 750, right?
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

    There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

  7. #567
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    875

    Re: Tequila Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by RVTsteve View Post

    As for the sample thing, pretty sure it's against terms, we'll see. You might just want to pm some people or just post something like "post here or pm me if you're interested in sampling some of my expansive tequilas" and then work any details out privately.
    You were right about this as well. Anyway, if people want to sample from my collection of 400+ tequilas, PM me or reply.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

    There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

  8. #568
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sutton, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,202

    Re: Tequila Forum

    Was looking for some FRSmBLE (no luck) - wandered a bit and came across a Siete Leguas Anejo - picked it up since I thought I remembered some positive reviews on it. Might give it a spin tonight while manning the front door for the ghosts and goblins...
    Mark

  9. #569
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    875

    Re: Tequila Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by sutton View Post
    Was looking for some FRSmBLE (no luck) - wandered a bit and came across a Siete Leguas Anejo - picked it up since I thought I remembered some positive reviews on it. Might give it a spin tonight while manning the front door for the ghosts and goblins...
    That's a nice choice. How did you like it?
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

    There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

  10. #570
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sutton, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,202

    Re: Tequila Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    That's a nice choice. How did you like it?
    For the first pours, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think I might like it a bit more than the Don Julio Anejo, and I like that quite a bit. This seemed a bit more complex - it was initially sweet, with the typical agave/vanilla flavor, but what I was surprised to find was something like a roasted hazelnut note hiding in there on the mid-palate to the peppery finish that was really nice. The color was light like the Don Julio, so the barrel influence seemed to nicely complement without masking over too much of the agave.

    Whenever I try something new, I do have a tendency to be overly positive simply because I like the differences over what I've got open. I need to spend more time with it and do a side-by-side with the Don Julio to give it a fair shake, but this one, at least so far, is a winner!
    Mark

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Tequila
    By cowdery in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 21:55
  2. 1921 Tequila
    By whiskydude in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 20:20
  3. Price of Tequila
    By pepcycle in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 15:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top