Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Guru

Tequila Forum

MMmmm... Siete Leguas Anejo - one of my faves
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Guru

Re: Tequila Forum

Thanks to a generous SB'r, I'm enjoying a very pleasing pour of Tonala 4 year Anejo. While the agave is muted, I still get enough to know it's tequila - it keeps its peppery kick and rounds out with some very, very nice rum & brandy tones. I may have to seek out a bottle of this.

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Thanks to a generous SB'r, I'm enjoying a very pleasing pour of Tonala 4 year Anejo. While the agave is muted, I still get enough to know it's tequila - it keeps its peppery kick and rounds out with some very, very nice rum & brandy tones. I may have to seek out a bottle of this.
    The Tonala 4 year was my favorite tequila until I had Don Pilar XA. But it's still in my Top 3. Love that stuff.
    -SOB-

Guru

Tequila Forum

Quote Originally Posted by sob0728 View Post
    The Tonala 4 year was my favorite tequila until I had Don Pilar XA. But it's still in my Top 3. Love that stuff.
    I have bottles of the Pilar Anejo & XA too - I agree the Tonala falls a tad short of the Pilar for my palate, but was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the Tonala.
    Last edited by ChainWhip; 11-04-2013 at 08:56.

Virtuoso

First pour of an El Tesoro Reposado tonight - enjoyed the more prominent spice/pepper notes. It also was not as sweet as others I've tried, so a nice change of pace (granted, I've only had a half dozen different brands, but this one stood out as having a more vegetal and peppery profile).

Also saw a Don Felix Anejo Edicion Limitada - remembered reading about it but couldn't remember what I read! It was about $65, so I passed ...
    Mark

Enthusiast

Just took advantage of the Hi-Time 10% sale thanks to heads up from our resident Tequila Tourist (http://tequilatourist.blogspot.com/). Not that I needed to spend a bunch of money on booze... but who am I kidding I was going to do it at some point anyway might as well take advantage of the awesome prices.

I selectively built my order up to like $1500 then had to slowly chip away at it, finally got it down to 9 bottles (7 tequilas) and 2 gift cards to use later.

Mostly stuff I hadn't bought before but I've heard good things and really wanted to try. Casa Noble anejo, Don Fernando anejo (came with an extra $10 coupon), Don Pilar anejo, Agave 99 anejo for super cheap, Oro Azul anejo, Siete Leguas anejo, and my favorite value blanco Herencia.

As you can see I'm an anejo fan. Would have gone for a few XA's but couldn't pull the trigger on the ones that caught my eye.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RVTsteve View Post
    Just took advantage of the Hi-Time 10% sale thanks to heads up from our resident Tequila Tourist (http://tequilatourist.blogspot.com/). Not that I needed to spend a bunch of money on booze... but who am I kidding I was going to do it at some point anyway might as well take advantage of the awesome prices.

I selectively built my order up to like $1500 then had to slowly chip away at it, finally got it down to 9 bottles (7 tequilas) and 2 gift cards to use later.

Mostly stuff I hadn't bought before but I've heard good things and really wanted to try. Casa Noble anejo, Don Fernando anejo (came with an extra $10 coupon), Don Pilar anejo, Agave 99 anejo for super cheap, Oro Azul anejo, Siete Leguas anejo, and my favorite value blanco Herencia.

As you can see I'm an anejo fan. Would have gone for a few XA's but couldn't pull the trigger on the ones that caught my eye.
    I did the same thing. I took 24 bottles down to 12 and feel like I accomplished something good.

That sale is the best.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Guru

Frida Kahlo Anejo from a sample bottle - it's pleasant enough but doesn't pop me like the Tonala did a few nights ago.

Enthusiast

Not counting on pvw or anymore BTAC and it seems in fall and winter people tend to ignore the favorites of the warmer times of year like tequila and rum. Picked these up yesterday. The Tonala was marked down and I couldn't pass up the Corrido.

Definitely drink it...tonight -Sutton

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RVTsteve View Post
    Not counting on pvw or anymore BTAC and it seems in fall and winter people tend to ignore the favorites of the warmer times of year like tequila and rum. Picked these up yesterday. The Tonala was marked down and I couldn't pass up the Corrido.

Couldn't agree more a those two are among my favorites.