Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 66 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Guru

Re: Tequila Forum

The eagles have landed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    The eagles have landed!

That's a lovely sight. I'm enjoying a pour of Tequila Alma Aņejo tonight. Another really nice quality tequila for under $30. Highly recommend the entire line...especially if you're looking for a brand to see the differences and similarities of blanco/repo/aņejo . Salud!
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Enthusiast

Tequila Forum

It's been a very tequila holiday so far. Starting with Centinela repo margaritas on a warm Christmas Day which turned into several pours of 1921 repo nom 1079 and then Tonala anejo 4. More of the same last couple nights. Putting some bottles to bed in the process. Happy Holidays!
    Definitely drink it...tonight -Sutton

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RVTsteve View Post
    It's been a very tequila holiday so far. Starting with Centinela repo margaritas on a warm Christmas Day which turned into several pours of 1921 repo nom 1079 and then Tonala anejo 4. More of the same last couple nights. Putting some bottles to bed in the process. Happy Holidays!
    The Tequila Tourist fully supports these choices. Well done!

Disciple

Max, what can you tell me about these? NOM 1123. Brought back from a Mexico trip, gifted to my buddy. Beautiful bottles with two pistols on the back. Will report back after we pour some.
    Jim

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    Max, what can you tell me about these? NOM 1123. Brought back from a Mexico trip, gifted to my buddy. Beautiful bottles with two pistols on the back. Will report back after we pour some.

There's no pic, but I assume that you're talking about Revolucion... For me, it was an OK juice (the blanco). It didn't inspire me to pick up the rest of the line. From most of what I hear from others, they feel the same. Good, but not great.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    There's no pic, but I assume that you're talking about Revolucion... For me, it was an OK juice (the blanco). It didn't inspire me to pick up the rest of the line. From most of what I hear from others, they feel the same. Good, but not great.
    Yeah, sorry about that. Here is the pic:

And my conclusion was about the same. It was good but nothing special. The reposado was the most enjoyable of the three. Cute lil bottles though.
    Jim

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    Yeah, sorry about that. Here is the pic:

And my conclusion was about the same. It was good but nothing special. The reposado was the most enjoyable of the three. Cute lil bottles though.
    I'd definitely take them for my mini collection. For some reason, when cool bottles are tiny, they seem even cooler.

Connoisseur

Ate at Edith's in Cabo. Although reviews were mixed and it's pricey, it's worth it. Great atmosphere, fun waiters, good Mariachi band. Good food too.
    We had a couple of shots of this extra aņejo

Here's their cabinet

note the silver 1800 bottles. they're done by Mexican artists in very limited editions. also note the Clase Azules.

Shopping at Hacienda Tequila. Big Selection, free samples. I imagine the guy was quite surprised with my pretty big purchase.

I love Day of the Dead stuff!

Here's the stuff I hauled home. One suitcase weighed 65 lbs; luckily we were first class, so you get up to 70 lbs. No duty either.

Kev's (MaxP) rec. Siete Leguas Extra Aņejo aged 5 yrs

also got a regular aņejo the day before because I didn't know if I would find the D'Antaņo

we drank about half of this while there, but brought it home anyway. Packed it in a well sealed plastic pouch designed for wine bottles, but it worked; no leak.

the Cava de Oro is another extra aņejo, aged 5yrs. Sweet, but good. the Don Vito is a coffee tequila liqueur that we liked at Hacienda tequila.

another extra aņejo.
    almost didn't get this at the airport duty free shop, but couldn't resist in the end. Cool leather case and cooler bottle with glass agave plant in the middle. I have another regular bottle from my last trip to Puerto Vallarta

overall, muy bien!!
    Last edited by bigtoys; 01-01-2014 at 16:29.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Advanced Taster

Thanks for the write-up and pics, bigtoys. We went to Cabo a few weeks back for the first time, and plan to return in a few months. We'll put Edith's on the list of possible stops, based on your due diligence here.