Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast

Thread: Tequila Forum

Virtuoso

Re: Tequila Forum

Bought a bottle of Centinela Anejo today. I looked at Corralejo, Corazon and even Corzo reposado's before deciding to try the Centinela. I really liked the Centinela Reposado. But I'm not actually digging this Anejo for some reason.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Bought a bottle of Centinela Anejo today. I looked at Corralejo, Corazon and even Corzo reposado's before deciding to try the Centinela. I really liked the Centinela Reposado. But I'm not actually digging this Anejo for some reason.
    It's not a step above the repo. It's way to similar and the extra age probably takes away agave and adds nothing. I'd take the repo every time over aņejo...but I'd still happily drink both.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Advanced Taster

Just as watching Justified and Mad Men calls for KSBW, so too does The Bridge cry out for an appropriate bev. I'm not a tequila guy, but the one on the left was a nice re-introduction to it (having sat out on the spirit since '91), while its sibling on the right is one I'm slowly getting used to.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwar View Post

Just as watching Justified and Mad Men calls for KSBW, so too does The Bridge cry out for an appropriate bev. I'm not a tequila guy, but the one on the left was a nice re-introduction to it (having sat out on the spirit since '91), while its sibling on the right is one I'm slowly getting used to.
    Any other non-Sazerac options? Just wondering what you enjoy.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Any other non-Sazerac options? Just wondering what you enjoy.
    Ha -- I took the plunge on this stuff *because* it was Saz! Last year, I got an ORVW KSBW, liked it of course, and wanted to see if I could pick up any of that flavor in the ORVW Corazon. I'm not certain that I can, but I really like that particular Corazon nonetheless. That led me to try Corazon's regular Anejo, which I wound up not liking much at first, though it is slowly growing on me. It's surprising to me how much these two Corazon Anejos differ.

While I don't much like smooth KSBW, it seems I do like smooth tequila. I'll be hitting my store later today--any reasonably-priced recs on where to go from here?

Advanced Taster

I picked up a Gran Dovejo K&L exclusive single barrel anejo the other day. I've tried drinking it a few times, and while the first sip is always good, it then starts to taste chemically. I haven't had too many anejos before, and it's possible that my tongue is confused by the intermingling of agave and barrel, but I'm struggling with it. I may buy a different anejo to compare it to. Has anyone else tried this?

Guru

Dos Lunas anejo for $35. Psyched!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Kpiz View Post
    I picked up a Gran Dovejo K&L exclusive single barrel anejo the other day. I've tried drinking it a few times, and while the first sip is always good, it then starts to taste chemically. I haven't had too many anejos before, and it's possible that my tongue is confused by the intermingling of agave and barrel, but I'm struggling with it. I may buy a different anejo to compare it to. Has anyone else tried this?
    If you're in the SF area, get some Don Pilar aņejo at Costco or another store. Great tequila for $40 or less. I really like Gran Dovejo as well and I know that it generally has a big cinnamon note. I'm not sure if that manifests as chemical, but interesting to note.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwar View Post
    Ha -- I took the plunge on this stuff *because* it was Saz! Last year, I got an ORVW KSBW, liked it of course, and wanted to see if I could pick up any of that flavor in the ORVW Corazon. I'm not certain that I can, but I really like that particular Corazon nonetheless. That led me to try Corazon's regular Anejo, which I wound up not liking much at first, though it is slowly growing on me. It's surprising to me how much these two Corazon Anejos differ.

While I don't much like smooth KSBW, it seems I do like smooth tequila. I'll be hitting my store later today--any reasonably-priced recs on where to go from here?
    Tequila can be massively variable from brand to brand. Can you get shipments into Ohio?

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Tequila can be massively variable from brand to brand. Can you get shipments into Ohio?
    I'm actually a Texan in the DFW area who gets to Mexico occasionally, so my tequila options are pretty open, I imagine. (I also happen to be an Ohioan refugee who returns the "old country" often to visit, hence my frequent posts on Buckeye topics.)